For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Best airbrush ever?

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by Random, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Random

Random Young Tutorling

thank you man!!, in fact I plan to go to Paul's workshop shortly, to see the "unicorn" :laugh: with my own eyes, we'll see what happens.
    DaveG likes this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

get video of it really working while you're there .
    DaveG and Random like this.
  3. Random

Random Young Tutorling

i will try to do that, I have a good 4K camera:D
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir Detail Decepticon!

Who doesn't?:) But again what the detail and crisp line could you get with the spraying? And again what kind of detail are we talking about when using ink in the AB?
    I doubt you can get the same results with micro spraying tool like you could using AB combined with other tools.
    You will show how it works, when you get that fantastic tool. I'd like to hear what you will say then.

And the price... I'm not at the point when I could spend 1K for the airbrush. From all ABs I have I know what to expect from them and what can be modified, so I do that.
    Concerning the nozzle size, I don't need less 0,18mm. I don't use inks for the detail work. As I've already said even this size is problematic when I have not reduced well the pigmented paint.
    Random likes this.
  5. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

20171005_205151.jpg

The line on the left is about .16mm as the hair on the right measures about .08mm.

Considering each letter would need 3 line spaces a letter would be .48mm so two letters and a small space within one mm.

This was done with a .21 krome the very first time I ever attempted to make tiny lines with an airbrush.

Now I can make a loop that will fit within that line with a .2 gsi ps270.
    Which means letters off my .2 would be .16mm each. 4 letters plus .08 spaces would make 4 letters take 1.12mm with a .2 brush.
    And
    I am no micropainter and .08 spaces are a little wide for .16 letters.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Random likes this.
  6. Random

Random Young Tutorling

For my part I hope to get the details of the examples I found, I know that I have to forget the conventional airbrush paintings and start to see what the hell is going on with the oil paintings...
    I agree with you, it is impossible to obtain the same results, one thing is a scratch or a stencil and another is a spray pattern. But can you imagine combining both worlds with a tool like that??? We'll see what happens.
    buff :cry:, I just hope it does not have an exorbitant price, I'm a romantic, but I'm not crazy...
    yeah!, you are right, have you tried with extra fine oil paints and traditional thinners?
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir Detail Decepticon!

I'm not a romantic even with this thing:) Air just breaks the paint flow into particles, so again... the dots on the surface.

I do not. As at least for now I haven't thought on using these paints. My choice is urethanes.
    Random likes this.
  8. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I bet @Lion-Art still has the 0.1 conversion for the micron lying around just ask him if he wants to sell you one
    Random and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  9. MarcosD

MarcosD Mac-Valve Maestro!

Frank Artale cousin!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Malky and JackEb like this.
  10. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

You already know the .16 version is/was 1299 euros
    Random likes this.
  11. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

This is hilarious!!!!
    Robbyrockett2 likes this.
  12. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

@Random "Ok mate, thank you for your suggestion. I only just want to practice with the finest AB and nozzles available asap. This is my goal currently." Best idea is turn on your compressor, pick up your brush and start practicing... then you will get to your goal... "smallest" does not make it the "best" by any stretch of the imagination... if you think that is the case you are somewhat either deluded or misinformed... pick one.

So what have you painted so far?
  13. Random

Random Young Tutorling

thanks Ronald art :thumbsup:, do you know if exists any type of nozzle .1 or smaller for another kind of airbrush? maybe for the sotar 20/20 or similar one?. I will try with very dilute extra fine oil paintings...
  14. twood

twood Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I have been following this thread from the start. I have a few questions for you @Random ...
    What are you going to do with a set up like that?
    Have you done anything with airbrushes before, and if yes, what have you done? and can you show us?
    Do you have any airbrushes at present, and if yes, what do you have?
    Just trying to get my head around why you are obsessed with this small set up....
    Cheers
  15. Random

Random Young Tutorling

hello twood, if you have really read the thread from start and my introduction, you will see that most of your questions are already answered. I'm just say to you that fortunately I'm not obsessed with anything, and currently, in my opinion, my airbrushing artworks are not very good, I don't want to publish them yet -maybe do it if I get the .07 super AB ;)- thanks!!!
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  16. markjthomson

I have to agree with Twood... your obsessed! You are also chasing a unicorn.

Have a good look around the site, have a good look at the work people do. They are not using brushes that small. They are practicing and getting good at what they do by learning through application. We learned by trying, posting, asking questions, learning our trade and our tools.

If you can't paint with a 0.5,, or a 0.35mm or a 0.23mm or a 0.18 forget even trying to paint with a 0.07mm nozzle if it is ever made (which I doubt). So I guess we won't be seeing any of your work for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time...
  17. Random

Random Young Tutorling

Well friends, for me it's enough. I do not have to endure personal allusions of any kind. Thank you very much to all those who have helped me with the .07 airbrush data, I will continue my search through other ways. A hug for everyone. Random.:thumbsup:
  18. twood

I was talking about in this thread and sorry, I did not read your introduction....But, the questions have been asked and never answered. If you think that your art isn't good now, do you think an airbrush that seems to not exist in the real world will help? My suggestion is to practice with what you have and when you reach the level of most of the artists here, then advance as far as your ability will take you. I guess we have a different definition of what obsessive means...lollollol
    JackEb likes this.
  19. twood

oops...was it something I said?
    Malky, JackEb and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  20. markjthomson

Ah... that would be "illusion"... good luck... practice hard, the only way to learn with this game. :)
    doc1 likes this.