Best airbrush for graphic design?

D

davidl67

What would be the best AB for doing graphic design?
I will be painting on some metal and plexiglass surfaces as well as paper. I just started in AB and love it. I did buy a Master AB G22 and it work well but I can see I will out grow it very fast. It a nice AB for detail work since it came with .3 needle. I will be buying a mini gun for the much larger area, but was looking for some advice on AB that will paint well with acrylic to urethane paints? I did look in many forum regarding the many suggestion of AB but it was a little overwhelming to know what is the best type for me.

Any advice is great.

Dave

Hey Dave, I would recommend the Badger Krome for your finite detailing and the Badger Patriot for your general airbrushing. Both are outstandingn guns and you wont regret it and theyre both very affordable!!!!

Hi Dave. The subject matter is importasant to know. If you are going to do letters and block off areas with tape, then the G22 is great. If you are going to do complex art or portraits then You may want a different AB. Give us more to work with.

Hi Dave. The subject matter is importasant to know. If you are going to do letters and block off areas with tape, then the G22 is great. If you are going to do complex art or portraits then You may want a different AB. Give us more to work with.[/QUOTE

Sorry for the general question, I will be doing mostly for now lettering and basic tribal, dragon and skull type of graphics. I have been working with some templates for the soft edge work and tape and clear mask film for the more crisp edge work. Working everyday on increasing my skill with the brush and practice on the basic. I hope in time I will be able to start doing graphics on bikes and cars but I know that in the future. So for now I just been picking up old fenders or tanks from bikes and hood and fenders and door from cars to practice on. it help me better with preparing the surfaces and to lay out my design better.

I hope this help so you all can direct my better.

Thanks

Dave

Back