Best Clear Coat For Synthetic Paper?

Darren

Needle-chuck Ninja
I have finished a painting on YUPO synthetic paper, the paint used was Createx Illustration. I have just smudged some of the paint of the finished piece with the back of my hand so before putting it in a frame think I should seal it with something before. Ruin it even more. Does anyone else get this issue?? What do you all use to seal your artwork with??

The Createx illustration will continue to "cure" over the next few days. It becomes much tougher to remove from the surface of the Yupo. Had the same experience the first time I used Yupo, and was worried about the piece remaining so delicate. Several weeks later I found a scrap of the Yupo that I had test sprayed on my desk, and it was MUCH harder to damage the paint.

With that said, I just received some of Createx's new top coat that I am going to try over a finished piece. I chose the satin finish to try...

The Createx illustration will continue to "cure" over the next few days. It becomes much tougher to remove from the surface of the Yupo. Had the same experience the first time I used Yupo, and was worried about the piece remaining so delicate. Several weeks later I found a scrap of the Yupo that I had test sprayed on my desk, and it was MUCH harder to damage the paint.

With that said, I just received some of Createx's new top coat that I am going to try over a finished piece. I chose the satin finish to try...
Probably is best to use the same brand as the paint to avoid and unwanted reactions. I’ve just ordered some of the Createx satin clear coat.

Back