best place to get a micron?

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
I have been out of the loop for to long. So heres a simple question. If I decided to get another micron wheres the best place to get one. not sure yet but I might end up with the one with the mac valve I already have a cmsb. My question wood bee if I were to get another one who would I buy one from that it would perhaps be fine tuned and gone over with the best springs and o rings. I won't be interested in photo copy art because people around here don't seem to consider it art. If I decide to get back into airbrush all my work will be from sketches and or from my own photos

Check out the micron from Foxy art studios, fully pimped out micron with all the bells and whistles, a suitable price tag as well... http://www.foxystudio.com/sm-new-k33-micron-sb-v2-by-zsolt-2016-series/
Other than that check out some good sites such as coast airbrush...

I still drool over that brush, getting closer to the magic figure to place my order.

I think most places are roughly the same price if you just want a standard one unless you go the jap route.

Iwata enforces a set price for their airbrushes (if a store goes below their recomended price they'll stop supplying that store) so they will probably be about the same everywhere (though probably fluctuating a bir between countries due to exchange rates).

just look around a bit you might get lucky but they will probably be all about the same price so you'll probably have to settle for the lowest shipping price

I have been out of the loop for to long. So heres a simple question. If I decided to get another micron wheres the best place to get one. not sure yet but I might end up with the one with the mac valve I already have a cmsb. My question wood bee if I were to get another one who would I buy one from that it would perhaps be fine tuned and gone over with the best springs and o rings. I won't be interested in photo copy art because people around here don't seem to consider it art. If I decide to get back into airbrush all my work will be from sketches and or from my own photos

If you are looking for a CMC+, I may be selling mine here soon.

Just out of interest, why not learn how to use what you've got and when you perfect that and can squeeze all the detail out its gonna give, then get a detail gun, most average brushes can pull a fair detail line......Reproduced from reference is still in essence art, after all those into it still paint it themselves, or often mixed referenced material together..I think what some say in that area as I'm probably a pretty strong voice in it but thats to make that reference somehow your own by mixing up backgrounds or different reference material into it or simply a different color pallete, a strongly referenced work can still become original work..Copying or reproducing others photos or works is still an important learning tool and will always be and shows mastery of technique and where most should start, but essentially its telling someone's story to reproduce exact likenesses of other peoples work or photo's...At times it may just be what the customer wants or what the artist themselves also want to convey, but I don't think its a negative thing at all to be focussed on that skillset but its important to do it well as there are many out there who are very talented that can replicate photo's exactly and it really is a case of "pixel pushing" and why airbrushing is at times still looked down on....Its good you want to do some stuff from your own designs and photo's but in a way its still all just copying, your just copying yourself instead, whats around you and what inspires you and that can have interesting but often bad results..sometimes good, will be interesting to see the ferret inside as that's what for me art is about ;)

Just out of interest, why not learn how to use what you've got and when you perfect that and can squeeze all the detail out its gonna give, then get a detail gun, most average brushes can pull a fair detail line......Reproduced from reference is still in essence art, after all those into it still paint it themselves, or often mixed referenced material together..I think what some say in that area as I'm probably a pretty strong voice in it but thats to make that reference somehow your own by mixing up backgrounds or different reference material into it or simply a different color pallete, a strongly referenced work can still become original work..Copying or reproducing others photos or works is still an important learning tool and will always be and shows mastery of technique and where most should start, but essentially its telling someone's story to reproduce exact likenesses of other peoples work or photo's...At times it may just be what the customer wants or what the artist themselves also want to convey, but I don't think its a negative thing at all to be focussed on that skillset but its important to do it well as there are many out there who are very talented that can replicate photo's exactly and it really is a case of "pixel pushing" and why airbrushing is at times still looked down on....Its good you want to do some stuff from your own designs and photo's but in a way its still all just copying, your just copying yourself instead, whats around you and what inspires you and that can have interesting but often bad results..sometimes good, will be interesting to see the ferret inside as that's what for me art is about ;)

He already has a Custom Micron SB - side feed.
Doesn't really need another brush, really anything else would probably be considered a downgrade.

i fell outta my chair @ 750 euro = $800+ usd ill never be able to buy one...:cry::cry: lol

You guys got it all wrong lmao. I finally settled on my injury from that a accident I had when I got hit by that truck and broke my leg in 6 places so I thought it would be nice to get one of those souped up microns. I still have every intention of painting but not till I get money and I can relax a bit. And not have to worry about being poor.
Right now my poor infinity is being abused as a heavy action orion sillver,candy and clearing gun. I cleared a Harley fender with it and the paint came out like a sheet of glass. As for micron after I dropped it that tells it's never been the same. I ordered a new head from coast, they had to assemble it there and the nozzle was loose. I should send the whole thing back to Iwata for a check up
For now I'm having fun with uros

Doesn't really need another brush, really anything else would probably be considered a downgrade.

I know , It kind of sucks I already have one of the best abs money can buy but a blinded ot micron wood bee cool. Think IL wait first and see what happens

Sorry perhaps I should have written "better" detail gun. I am aware ferret has a micron, just interested to know why he things a more improved one with better "springs" LOL...maybe its shinier....My point is why not learn what you already have before buying another $700 dollar gun (Unless you get a super special), especially if you already have a micron..but when all said and done-the airbrush isn't the artist...Save your money and learn how to paint first...

Sorry perhaps I should have written "better" detail gun. I am aware ferret has a micron, just interested to know why he things a more improved one with better "springs" LOL...maybe its shinier....My point is why not learn what you already have before buying another $700 dollar gun (Unless you get a super special), especially if you already have a micron..but when all said and done-the airbrush isn't the artist...Save your money and learn how to paint first...

My inner addict wanted a $700 Micron when I first saw it. Then my "holy sh!t that's expensive" logic kicked in and I opted out.
I agree, learning to paint is more important. A really high end airbrush doesn't do much good if you don't know what to do with it.

My inner addict wanted a $700 Micron when I first saw it. Then my "holy sh!t that's expensive" logic kicked in and I opted out.
I agree, learning to paint is more important. A really high end airbrush doesn't do much good if you don't know what to do with it.

I agree that learning to paint should come first, and believe me, I'm learning as fast as time will allow.... BUT.... I know I'm hooked to airbrushing, and at the moment I have a well paying job so while I can I've bought a couple of airbrushes that are well above my level of competency, I just know that by the time I get good enough to justify buying a good detail brush then the price will have gone up and I may not be financially able to afford it. I also 'justify' it by thinking that if I'm ever jobless I might be able to make a few dollars to keep my head above water :D

I agree that learning to paint should come first, and believe me, I'm learning as fast as time will allow.... BUT.... I know I'm hooked to airbrushing, and at the moment I have a well paying job so while I can I've bought a couple of airbrushes that are well above my level of competency, I just know that by the time I get good enough to justify buying a good detail brush then the price will have gone up and I may not be financially able to afford it. I also 'justify' it by thinking that if I'm ever jobless I might be able to make a few dollars to keep my head above water :D

After some education from Dru Blair and a few years behind my belt, I've learned that and Eclipse is just about al you need if you know the right techniques. Believe me, I've blown my fair share of cash on Airbrushes.

Back