Bevelled edges

T

Talla

How about one of you clever, talented potential Hollywood material doing a vid on bevelled edges showing how to set up the masking and how to get that sun glinting off a sharp edge effect? My latest idea calls for a bevelled edge so I need to know! :eagerness:

Coast airbrush TV has a new video which shows in depth how to tape and paint beveled edges. Its also has a good monochrome portrait mural demo. Great video but very long. It's in 2 parts with the first part being the beveled graphics. Well worth watching.

I tried to post a link for you, but I guess I'm too new to be allowed. You an find it at the coast airbrush site.

Coast airbrush TV has a new video which shows in depth how to tape and paint beveled edges. Its also has a good monochrome portrait mural demo. Great video but very long. It's in 2 parts with the first part being the beveled graphics. Well worth watching.

I tried to post a link for you, but I guess I'm too new to be allowed. You an find it at the coast airbrush site.

Here ya go kchopp! Posted that link for ya! Ultimate Beveled Edge Graphics w/ Charles Armstrong

Thanks guys ... Watched the Ed Hubbs Vid and still a bit confused ... Guess I need to go experiment and waste some fineline tape and paint :indecisiveness:

Thanks guys ... Watched the Ed Hubbs Vid and still a bit confused ... Guess I need to go experiment and waste some fineline tape and paint :indecisiveness:

That is really all you can do!! Good luck to ya and post your progress so maybe someone can give you some tips if your still struggling!

That is really all you can do!! Good luck to ya and post your progress so maybe someone can give you some tips if your still struggling!

Thanks Hab .... just in the process of priming up and basecoating an A3 piece of Dibond.

Next project ... a tribal design with bevelled, shiny, sharp looking edges. I will try and religiously take photos through the whole process ... It just might help someone else :eagerness:

Is Dibond as pricey as a quick glance at their site seems to indicate ?

Wow doesnt seems to me as that simple :)

send by tapatalk 2 HTC one X

How about one of you clever, talented potential Hollywood material doing a vid on bevelled edges showing how to set up the masking and how to get that sun glinting off a sharp edge effect? My latest idea calls for a bevelled edge so I need to know! :eagerness:
only problem is , im the only one who is "potential hollywood material" but i dont know how to do chrome bevelled edges...... im sorry your quest has come to such an abrupt end ;o)

Is Dibond as pricey as a quick glance at their site seems to indicate ?

Tau,

It can be a bit pricey mate. I tend to look for off cuts on ebay that come up from time to time.

Andy

only problem is , im the only one who is "potential hollywood material" but i dont know how to do chrome bevelled edges...... im sorry your quest has come to such an abrupt end ;o)

Then you better learn quickly Fezley as I will be calling in with the film crew! :friendly_wink:

This is as far as I got with the bevelled edge ...

20130225_095014.jpg

It was never intended to be chrome just a beveled edge but now I wish I had tried to do it chrome so ... Now I'm going to put a rose in the bottom left corner and I will try to make it look chrome and use AndreZA example as inspiration and an example.

Watch this space ...

Back