BIG BANNERS- Best Material+Paint?

A

Atomizer

BIG BANNERS- Best material+paint?
My goal is to airbrush larger sized indoor mural style paintings on flexible material so i can roll them up for transport. I plan to store them unrolled
Sizes around 60"X35"

1) What material provides a good base to paint on and still be flexible?
2) What paints will remain flexible enough to be rolled/unrolled for transporting?....Createx?
3) is there a gesso/base paint that will remain flexible long term?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with other artists!

Consider textiles (A large good quality bed sheet) for your banners m8, they'll last for ever, are easily stored and can be painted on with many different paints (Most have a textile additive if not for textiles straight out of the bottle) that will last ya years and finally you can wash the bugger if it gets dirty, once heat set of course :)..Whack some eyelets in the corners and there pretty easy to display as well with a couple of basic poles/stands..I'd be worried that constant unrolling on a stiffer surface may cause many paints to crack over time...That won't happen on textiles...

Consider textiles (A large good quality bed sheet) for your banners m8, they'll last for ever, are easily stored and can be painted on with many different paints (Most have a textile additive if not for textiles straight out of the bottle) that will last ya years and finally you can wash the bugger if it gets dirty, once heat set of course :)..Whack some eyelets in the corners and there pretty easy to display as well with a couple of basic poles/stands..I'd be worried that constant unrolling on a stiffer surface may cause many paints to crack over time...That won't happen on textiles...

Another great tip, thanks Ace, and old bed sheets are practically free! Giving it a go today. For painting in thick layers i plan to experiment with polyester shower curtains as they are cheap and can be gesso'd from what i read on a fine art painters forum.

Back