Black and White Eye

D

drobbins12

photo (1).jpg

Another attempt at the eye. My control of the air brush felt really good. I know it's not perfect, but I think its my best eye yet. A couple of my daggers were'nt very good and some of my shading needs some work. Let me know what you guys think I could do to improve. Also, In the pupil i tried the fading dot to try and put some texture in. Whats the best texture to make the pupil look real?

It's not bad. The pupil looks good. I am working on my eye now. Mine doesn't look so good

I think the pupil looks really good. If you want me to be picky then if you look at the line along the bottom of the eye it looks like its done in stages rather than one nice long smooth line.
So thats something to work on. Apart from that i think its a good job. Nice shape to it as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

I think the pupil looks really good. If you want me to be picky then if you look at the line along the bottom of the eye it looks like its done in stages rather than one nice long smooth line.
So thats something to work on. Apart from that i think its a good job. Nice shape to it as well.

Sent via Tapatalk

Zippy,

I agree, that is still one of my weaknesses, but I have gotten a lot better at my lines by using that lines practice sheet. Ill practice making fluid curvy lines.

Eenesha,

I can't tell you how many times Ive done this eye, just keep at it and you will improve.

Thanks for the comments you two, I appreciate it.

Dylan

Next time you do the pupil try using you finger as a stencil. The tip of a finger can make those round shapes in the pupil. Spay from about 3 to 4 inches away lightly. It worked great in mine and it was my favorite part when finished.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

g'day Dylan!
mate the thing i'm most imporessed with in your eye are the blends.. that shows that you're control is definitely improving - and some of your dagger strokes are spot on.. normally is you can do one perfect then the next is perfect so i think you're really close.
The best advice i can give at this stage is to have a good look at the eye reference - What you need to do is break it down by doing the following:
look for areas of the eye that you know you can create using the airbrush - whether it's a line, a blend or a dagger stroke and decide where there's simple parts of the eye are, and how you're going to attack them the next time you give it a go.
When you have found these easy effects, i want you to start looking for the more difficult effects. These will be combinations such as 2 blends, blending towards each other. or two soft dagger strokes coming from either side of the artwork.
take a look at this tutorial i wrote for the eye: http://www.airbrushtutor.com/airbrushing-the-eye.html - if you've seen it already then it may help to read through it again but i'm really trying to focus on the idea of finding shapes in the reference, and sitting down and thinking of how you can actually create those shapes with an airbrush.
This tutorial is to teach you that it is not about creating one artwork.. it's about perfectly creating a bunch of shapes using the right effect, right height & right intensity and stepping back to see that you've created an eye. Focus on the little things and plan how you are going to airbrush it:) thinking about how to attack it is half the artwork and will increase your speed too!
hope this helps..

Back