Black Kandy? HOK

otpowell

Double Actioner
I don't see it for sale.. How do you achieve a transparent black? Can I mix black base coat with some sg100?

Createx makes a trans black as well..

Jgny, real candies are dye based, most waterbased aren't, badgers imagineair are for i know the only line wich has dye and waterbased candies. Createx transparant is pigment and it will cover ur art unlike the black candy, wich will give more of a smoky look.!

ALSA? Never herd of them.. I'm new, HOK is basically all I know for urethane paints.

Anyone know what color red this is on this BADA$$ bike!?!?!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361999735.037801.jpg

Red Kandy over white base coat?

Hi Guys new to this...., When and how would u use transparent black ??

We sell from our own brand two colour kandy black.

This is what they look like over silver base.

Attachments

• Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Bluish Black.jpg
    Bluish Black.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 26
i wasjust ging to say there should be a transparent true candy black oot there for ging over metallics i believe Harley Davidson also has paint of there own just don't know if its sold to regular people lol

I did a candy black job once, just some simple flames on a silver base that you could only see faintly, and came to life in sunlight. I just got a bottle of laquer dye from flea bay, mix it with clear and voila. I do this with all my candies, as you can just buy a large amount of clear and mix the colours as and when you need them.

Hi Guys new to this...., When and how would u use transparent black ??

Hi Colin, I deliberately didn't answer this question until now because I know there many here who have more experience and uses for it, but the actual point of your question seems to have been missed.

When you use transparent black is entirely up to you, your decision to use it will depend on weather or not the job your doing requires it, I personally use it during my painting to help me build up gradually instead of blacking everything out in one blast, but it is also used for effects as for example what Squishy mentions here above, laying down a black base, then applying flames or other designs in silver or basically any other metallic colour and then apply your transparent black/candy black, this process means that the hard design is hard to when it's dark or cloudy and then it pops when the sun hits it, I believe they call it "Ghost flames" in Squishy's case.

Transparent black and indeed any other trans colours are simply extra tools in your box and exist to help you achieve effects your opaque colours can't on their own, as you progress you will come across situations where you will know that they are needed.

Welcome to the forum Colin, if you have any further questions at all, feel free to start your own new thread, I'm afraid that because this is an old thread. your question has simply been lost in it.

When to use a transparant or candy black.

For one you can ofc use it to darken something. I've used in on motorcycles on a couple of occasions where they wanted skulls but have it fade into the black of the bike a bit. I just painted it on in black and white and used black candy to push it back.

Another application I didn't see mentioned is to darken a candy or transparant color. If I were to mix an opaque black through a candy or transparant color they would get the properties of the opaque and lose their transparancy. Same goes for white to lighten a transparant you'll have to use a transparant white.

When to use a transparant or candy black.

For one you can ofc use it to darken something. I've used in on motorcycles on a couple of occasions where they wanted skulls but have it fade into the black of the bike a bit. I just painted it on in black and white and used black candy to push it back.

Thank you Haasje, but am I right in saying this is referred to as "Ghosting"?

Back