Body and face paint

• Thread starter fantasmagolical
  • Start date
F

fantasmagolical

Hi all. I did face painting previously as a hobby and now airbrushing. I was recently requested to do face painting with my airbrush as this is a new craze at kiddie parties as well as the annual Cape Coon Carnival. I would like to know which are the safest inks or paint to use on the skin as I have never used the airbrushing method to do face painting or body art. If there are any other South Africans here please advise or direct me where to get hold of these paints in South Africa

Hi Fantas. I have an account with the peeps that import aircraft, Harder and Steenbeck and they also do temporary airbrush tattoo paint. let me know if that suits your needs :)

Attachments

• 20131130_130255.jpg
    20131130_130255.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 24
I have used Snazaroo Face Paint kit which I had bought for our daughter's 5th birthday party from JerrysArtarama's online store. The paint was long lasting and easy to remove. And most important - it is safe for kids!

you can also try Derivan Face and Body Paint Brush Pens.

I love "VIBE" from European body Art (they are located in the US)

Some things to keep in mind when airbrush facepainting:

- The "flinch/jump and move away" factor! They tend to try and "get away" from the air on their face.
- The make-up is also "cold" I would show them what it felt like by just spraying "air" before starting the design if they couldn't stay still with just the "air" then I would talk to the parents and the child, about the temporary tattoos (different ink) maybe they would be happier with an Airbrush Tattoo instead 9 out of 10 times they wanted the tattoo instead!
- I never airbrush young children's faces (4 and under) I found that the younger children where not able to keep their eyes closed.

171.jpgfacepaint.jpg

I love "VIBE" from European body Art (they are located in the US)

Some things to keep in mind when airbrush facepainting:

- The "flinch/jump and move away" factor! They tend to try and "get away" from the air on their face.
- The make-up is also "cold" I would show them what it felt like by just spraying "air" before starting the design if they couldn't stay still with just the "air" then I would talk to the parents and the child, about the temporary tattoos (different ink) maybe they would be happier with an Airbrush Tattoo instead 9 out of 10 times they wanted the tattoo instead!
- I never airbrush young children's faces (4 and under) I found that the younger children where not able to keep their eyes closed.

View attachment 27927View attachment 27928

some mace would fix that problem. hehehehe and people wonder why I don't have kids lol.

You can find everything you need in a good face painting kit. Thanks for being aware of the skin sensitivity of those people who may become your customers or clients. We're exposed to enough chemicals already without making it worse when decorating skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back