Bought a Paasche talon siphon feed just the .66 set up no accessories.

That explains that. Sorry, I'm not up on paasche's jargon for that part. I know a needle protector cap as something else.

The last I knew these parts are supposed to be finger tight. Just my opinion, if they were done that way at the factory they shouldn't come loose in shipping. To me finger tight means snug.

It's the same part , Paasche calls it a needle protector and many call it an air cap., I usually do but I used Paasche term because it's now stuck in my head since I spoke to Paasche to inform them that they need to address this so anyone who buys one in this clam shell will end up in my situation. Seems all many who want any airbrush's or related items depend to on line offerings and most of all shipping .
Yes it's the same part, and yes it should only be finger tight , there are not many threads on the air cap so it would not take much vibration to work it off . Since they place just the airbrush in this stupid clam shell and for some odd reason the first one I got the air cap was on but loose. The replacement and the first one both handles were a 3rd unscrewed . I have no idea how any vibration could possibly cause the handle to unscrew but they did.

Paasche is sending me another needle and I ordered the Talon Gravity feed handle just like you bought from Coastairbrush. , should be here today .

At least now I have two the second one Amazon sent free and this gives me either 2 units that work or parts to spare in case anything decided to fail. I think the needle was all that was damaged on the second one , at least that's all I see under a good magnifier under a strong light.

Finally I tested both Paasche Talon bottom feed airbrushes , I just used water in a paint cup. Neither had air bubbles in the cup and both sprayed a very good pattern., as well as water can spray.

Back