For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Braveheart :)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Malky, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

20181215_222713.png

lollollol
    MarcosD, musicmacd, basepaint and 4 others like this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

LMAO I see you have that one well trained
    Malky likes this.
  3. Vladimir

Vladimir Detail Decepticon!

:D

@Malky I remembered one photo, maybe you posted that, but I'm not sure, what I'm sure you answered smth about that photo. It was a dog at the fence husky maybe, as I remember. And some funny word written.
    Do you remember what I'm talking about? Would be cool if you'd find that, if that photo is somewhere on your hard drive.
  4. Malky

Mine are all well trained:)

I travelled to Glasgow on the service bus through the week and on the way there were fields full of sheep grazing, I saw one in exactly this position but couldn't get a picture of it due to the speed the bus was moving, I thought there might have been something wrong with it so I googled "kneeling sheep" and found this image, I discovered that sheep will do this out of laziness but when they do it is bad for there knees, it apparently leaves them bruised and they have difficulty walking afterwards, some have even been known to break a leg trying to get upright, the farmers fill the fields with sheep in order to keep their crops low ready for the next crop season, I know in Holland that they had some sheep roaming free around the hilly grass embankments in the port of Rotterdam, they stayed there all year round to keep the grass down, this meant they had no problem with tractors falling over while trying to cut the grass.

It's the first time ever I've seen sheep in that position and it made me smile:)

I'm not sure on that one, I don't remember posting any doggy pics other than a couple of paintings I did a few years back, usually if I have a reference of something I paint or draw I'll normally delete the reference afterwards since I rarely ever will do the same ref twice so as far as I know I only have one doggy reference on my computer which I haven't painted yet but I've been avoiding it for months because it's almost entirely white and a bit too much of a challenge.

I like to paint animals but usually look for images with comical facial expression or in pose that makes me smile, the more unusual the pose, the more it keeps my attention.

But, I haven't been painting/drawing much lately, mainly due to battling health issues but also due to problems with my brush, all my gear is still set up ready to use but with 3 to 4 hospital appointments every month I just can't get my head around starting anything, I don't like to start a painting unless I know for sure I can keep going with it without interruptions but that just seems impossible these days, I look at what everyone else is doing and it gives me the urge to do something but glance at my diary cancels that out:(
    SiRoxx and Vladimir like this.
  5. Vladimir

That was just extremely comical expression! It makes me smile even remembering that. I've recently needed that picture, but where would I get it? It was the first time I regretted I hadn't saved that picture on the hard drive.

I hope your health will become better, at least better enough to do what you like. It's real bad when visiting the hospital becomes a "hobby".
  6. Malky

The health problems aren't expected to get better since they all come with age but they are well under control, it's the constant travelling to the hospitals that just drains me leaving me weak, all I need is a good rest from it all then I'll be fine.

I can't remember the picture you mention, I wish I could, I'm curious too now, especially if it was something I commented on, we'll probably come across it when we're not looking for itlol
  7. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Glad to hear your health is at least being managed Malky, shame there’s the exhausting travelling to and fro, but I hope you get the chance to settle down and paint soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Vladimir

I'll try to search for, as it worth to be saved.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  9. Malky

There are 6 huge main hospitals dotted all over Glasgow which 11 miles from me, I have had appointments in every single one of them, each one involves two buses to get them, one my problems is damaged vertebrae at the base if my back and the average bus driver here deliberately aims for pot holes just to break the monotony of his day :eek: so you can imagine what that does, what sickens me most is that a lot of the appointments are just verbal consultaions which could easily be done over the phone, idealy would be in a it less pain if I can just have a little break, but as luck would have it my next appoiment which just happens to be in furthest away hospital is not until January 19th:thumbsup: so I might just recover enough in the time between:)

I can actually control the back pain just by how I sit, stand or walk but they leave little time to do any of thoselol

After February I will have a car which will be a huge help, mind you I expect that by that time the appointments will be far less, I don't blame the doctors here, they are basically dealing with stuff that was either ignored or misdiagnosed while I was in Holland, I know from experience that it's no fun trying to sort out someone else's mess, aside from the discomfort of travelling the doctors themselves are on the ball, problems are far easier accept and handle when you know why it's happening and appropriate changes in meds have helped a lot especially since half the meds I had in Holland were just wrong.

I hope at least to get in on the next paint pal next year, I do what I can to keep my mind off stuff, about three years ago I built my own lap steel slide guitar which I pleased with and proud of, however, there were a couple of things I fancied changing, I've dug it out now and I'm getting it ready to make those changes, basically just applying new bridge to make resteinging quicker and changing the strings to a lap steel set appropriate for C6 tuning, I have a standard .9 electric set on now and the first E and next string are just too light for the heavy solid slide I have, i foyjd a cool misic shop in Glasgow who'll supply me with the gauges I need, Ive been told by a pro it will make a huge difference to the tone once its done.

There is a thread here on the forum describing the build process, there's one for the paint job too for that matter, but both threads are under my old profile name of Madbrush which is just short for "mad as a hatter" and "daft as a brush"lollollol
    SiRoxx likes this.
  10. Malky

Was it a painting someone was doing or a joke that was posted? Knowing that would give a clue of where to look such as the wip section or open bar:)
  11. SiRoxx

Sounds like a car will make a lot of difference even if it’s a little late in the day. Anything that makes life a little easier is good in my book!
    I’m no expert but in my humble opinion I’d agree about the gauge of the strings. Next to the pickups them selves, I’ve found strings to make the biggest positive change in tone. Even changing from 10’s to 12’s on my relatively cheap acoustic had a huge impact on the overall sound. Likewise 9’s to 11’s on my Telecaster really kick it up a notch! I’ll try and hunt down the threads and likewise look forward to seeing the updates if you’d care to add them.

12. Malky

You can find it here, this is the build thread, you'll find the finished piece including the case I built for it on page 4, there's also a little sound check video, the pain job wasn't airbrushed so there isn't much purposeful info in the paint job thread, especially since it went tits up at one pointlol

If you comment there, tag me, otherwise I'll miss it:)
    SiRoxx likes this.
  13. SiRoxx

Thanks Mate, I’ll have a read.

Malky likes this.
  14. Vladimir

That was just someone's joke, not painting. I remember that dog that put its nose between steel rods of the fence (or smth) and there was one word among others "naffin" written below. I'm even now laughing:D

Tried to search in "Open bar", but over hundred pages in Open Bar, so no way...:) And I'm not sure where was that thread.