Brown liquid in moisture traps

Hmmm... stranger danger... who are you... where are you from... How about you pop along to the introductions section and let us know a little more about yourself... I mean we hardly know each other and... well, you know... this thing can be kinda awkward...:) Here is the link http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ also check out the nettiquette... http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/introducing-netiquette.8799/

Brown is likely to be rust from the tank, seems to be a lot of moisture. I'd recommend giving the traps a good clean out and make sure the reservoir is empty of both air and water.... after saying hi... :) Look forward to getting to know you better.
You do this to everyone lol stranger danger

So I called Iwata directly and spoke to the nicest man in the matience department who has been working on compressors forever and he said its absolutely no big deal and is common. He advised flushing the moisture traps and flushing out the tank with clean water. Which I did over and over. It eventually ran clear. The moisture traps still have rust on the insides of them that is kinda dry and I don't know how to get that off without taking them off. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. The machine is working great and I use it often. The Iwata guy assured me this isn't as a big deal as I thought and there was no reason to get a different one. I was surprised because his company would have profited by telling me it's ruined. So all is good. If anyone has a link to a tutorial on how to remove the moisture traps I would greatly appreciate it.

Not sure there is a video on it but you mainly what to take them both off the compressor and remove the bottom drain plugs and run water through backwards. Rust comes mainly from not draining your tanks often , Being the inside of 99% of all compressor are bare metal rust happens. Draining the tank daily ensure this happens a lot less.
Yes it is sometime a pain in the back side but saves money in the long run.

Moisture traps just unscrew like a normal nut would. But I don't think you should. You can unscrew the clear bowl to wash it properly.

filter.jpg

Back