Bubbles in paint?

B

brianh28

I have a Iwata Neo BCN Siphon-Feed Dual Action Airbrush. When I spray on glass or lexan, this is what I get. Any ideas where the bubbles could be from?

Attachments

• 5-4-14 056.JPG
    5-4-14 056.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 5-4-14 057.jpg
    5-4-14 057.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 43
Those bubbles are what we call fish eye! I only ever get those when I'm spraying Auto Air colors, means your going to heavy when spraying, nice light coats. Another cause sometimes is oils or contamination on the surface, always degrease or clean the surface prior to painting, hope this helps.

Whatever you are wiping down the glass or lexan with isn't compatible with waterbased paints. My guess is you used a glass cleaner like windex. They don't mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Whatever you are wiping down the glass or lexan with isn't compatible with waterbased paints. My guess is you used a glass cleaner like windex. They don't mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

What should I use to clean the lexan bodies and glass with?

Just seen this one, of course it could be substrate contamination, however, just a thought, are you using water filters on your air source. If not this could be a possible. Water in your air feed.
To clean glass ready for paint a traditional signwriters method is to use 'whiting'. a chalky powder that is applied to the glass surface with a damp cloth. Once dry the residue is cleaned off with a clean rag. BTW, this method is for glass only and not acrylic, lexan etc.

Also need to make sure to only rub in one direction (shut your perverted mind meeshell) and I wouldn't finish with a degreaser, but a 50 50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water to eliminate static electricity which is a whole new set of problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back