Bubbling Paintcup

J

jesse888

Hi!

I am airbrushing for several months now with my H&B Colani.
And, along the road, had several times a 'bubbling cup' treat.
Untill now that meant: screwing the nozzle holder a bit tighter OR replacing the nozzle seals OR cleaning the nozzle OR screwing the cup itself tighter.
But today I have been doing these things for several hours, and it keeps on bubbling like crazy. I also tried to replace the needle seal.
I am getting quiet hopeless and crazy here. I'm losing a lot of time and I'm working on a deadline *frustrating*

Are there other, less common causes for a bubbling aircup? Can something else than a seal be broken?
Many many thanks in advance,
Jesse

I think there may be dried paint lodged in space between the nozzle cap and nozzle, you mention cleaning your needle, but have you cleaned the inside of your nozzle cap, you can inspect it from inside when it's off.

Sometimes when you clean or pick off tip dry some of it gets pushed into that tiny ringular space, since this is where your air comes out, the slightest little speck can mean an irregular air pattern causing blow back.

whoa, solved :D
I have been cleaning the inside of that thing before, but never realised the ringular space was there. It was blocked, as you said.
Thanks a million, would never have found this by myself!
Now off we go!

whoa, solved :D
I have been cleaning the inside of that thing before, but never realised the ringular space was there. It was blocked, as you said.
Thanks a million, would never have found this by myself!
Now off we go!

I'm happy for you, and that's what this forum is all about:thumbsup: so no thanks necessary, I like happy customers;)

I think there may be dried paint lodged in space between the nozzle cap and nozzle, you mention cleaning your needle, but have you cleaned the inside of your nozzle cap, you can inspect it from inside when it's off.

Sometimes when you clean or pick off tip dry some of it gets pushed into that tiny ringular space, since this is where your air comes out, the slightest little speck can mean an irregular air pattern causing blow back.
Boom! solved in 13 minutes! Mad as a brush :thumbsup::cool:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO!. It's Mighty Mad to the rescue! :love:

Does this mean I can wear my underpants on the outside of my trousers and fly around in a big cape? can I be called "Super Ted"?, oh no wait that's been taken, there has got to be cool name for me!!! :laugh:

BRUSHMAN in BRISTLES OF RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I think I could go along with that, it seems to describe me perfectly, although I was thinking of something a little more friendly and cuddly, I'm not really mad, I just lost my way a little bit, of course when I say a little bit, we're probably talking miles rather than inches;)

I think I'll let Squishy decide, my head hurts and my underpants seem tighter on the outside for some reason, I think I've damaged something and my wife said a huge "Y" on my arse could be lethal in certain bars and clubs. :confused:

Your allowed to just look good, so why the hell can't I just be cuddly like Rebel Air?, it's just not fair:cry:

There is a discrepancy here MadBrush, In an other thread you state clearly that as a true Scotsman you don't wear underpants. So what is it? Inquiring minds want to know LOL :)

He doesn't wear undies under his clothes, but when he's diving into a phone booth to go into superhero mode his pants go on the outside. It's traditional. Besides it can get a bit draughty round the cockles I imagine when you're flying about! And also we need to keep that super hero antennae well and truely tamed. Just imagine :

Look, up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a ..........Oh my:shock:!!!! Lol.

Mr Mad, you be as cuddly as you want - Super Snugglebrush, cuddly - but with an edge!

He doesn't wear undies under his clothes, but when he's diving into a phone booth to go into superhero mode his pants go on the outside. It's traditional. Besides it can get a bit draughty round the cockles I imagine when you're flying about! And also we need to keep that super hero antennae well and truely tamed. Just imagine :

Look, up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a ..........Oh my:shock:!!!! Lol.

Mr Mad, you be as cuddly as you want - Super Snugglebrush, cuddly - but with an edge!

Damn it Squishy, you are the best, "Super Snugglebrush man" it is, I've waited all my life for such a cool name, if you ever get any hassle from clowns, just let me know and I'll fly in at lightning speed (or Madbrush speed which is quicker) and hug those bastards to death, I ain't afraid of no clown:thumbsup:

Not sure what my problem is or where best to post!!!
my cm-sbs was working nicely, when it then reached a stage where when I shut off the paint it still kept spraying paint.
So I bought a new needle and nozzle, fitted them, and then after a few seconds of spraying the paint stops flowing. If I pull right back on the trigger paint will flow again and then die away :(.
I thought maybe an air leak somewhere. So I replaced the fluid nozzle O-ring and screwed the nozzle and cap down with a low strength thread lock, about 6 months ago I replaced the the needle packing o-ring, it's a nice snug fit and no paint leaks back into the trigger area.
The only other thing recently done to it, was I had a softer trigger spring fitted about a month ago.
I don't know if that might cause a problem. I don't know what else to try to fix it!!
There are no bubbles in my cup.
Any ideas??!

Back