Bullet Holes

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
It's been done 100 times already, so why not make it 101?

[video=youtube;WEtZKLkqDXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEtZKLkqDXo[/video]

For the an idiot like me the 101'st time is clearer and easier to understand, I need to have a go at this.

Bulletholes are cool to paint, i did some a while ago, but i used freehand stencils that i was cutting out myself. I might try out this way too.

never thought of doing them in stone effect, that looks killer mitch. wish i had the confidence to make videos like that. awesome work.

Cheers guys:)
wouldn't say i'm the most confident person.. I'm better at faking confidence than the real thing! fake it till you make it!

Awesome tutorial. I wonder if anyone has seen something similar for a "machine gun burst"? I have a slightly damaged motorcycle gas tank that I will be repairing this winter. For now, there's a small dent on 1 side that I'll paint a bullet hole on. The other side has a longer dent, big enough for maybe 3 bullet holes. It seems to me that this type of scenario would be a little different. Any ideas?

Don

Yep, paint a target around the dent and then paint the three bullet holes like it was practice.

I'm having trouble finding a metallic silver locally, or silver at all. Anyone have any ideas as to how to mix this up with the colours I have?

Don

I'm having trouble finding a metallic silver locally, or silver at all. Anyone have any ideas as to how to mix this up with the colours I have?

Don

If you want a silver effect, spray it first with light grey then from a fair distance lightly mist over a couple of times with black or transparent black, adding some sharper shadows and highlighting will also help, your finished bullet holes will take the eye away from the fact that it's not real silver and the effect will be almost the same, and if your going to clear coat afterwards, which I assume you are then the whole thing will just pop.

Don't wait for the winter to do your tank, go practise on something, I want to see it and I have no patience, lol

Okay, cool, sounds like a plan. I do plan on doing the bullter holes soon, but the tank repair will have to wait until winter. So, this is a temporary paint touchup to disguise the damage. I won't bother clear coating this time either, since it is a temporary job and I can do it without removing the tank. This winter I will come up with something really cool when I can take my time and not cut into my riding days :).

Thanks for the ideas.

Don

If you want a silver effect, spray it first with light grey then from a fair distance lightly mist over a couple of times with black or transparent black, adding some sharper shadows and highlighting will also help, your finished bullet holes will take the eye away from the fact that it's not real silver and the effect will be almost the same, and if your going to clear coat afterwards, which I assume you are then the whole thing will just pop.

Don't wait for the winter to do your tank, go practise on something, I want to see it and I have no patience, lol

Don

Maybe you could mix up a pale grey and add some pearl effect if you can get it, just to give it a bit of sheen.

Back