Buying Paint and confused??

Well, you learn something new every day. I did not even know they had an opaque line. I thought the there was only only line, the one Dru developed. I'll stick to that line.
Well some swear by it. However anyone who has used the plain illustration knows they are already pretty pigment heavy. So coverage is no issue. I cant see the need. If im basecoating solid coverage on a large surface im not using illustration anyway.

Well, you learn something new every day. I did not even know they had an opaque line. I thought the there was only only line, the one Dru developed. I'll stick to that line.
You would probably like the opaque yellow and reds, so much more vibrant!

For portraits you want a lot of light values, so the transparent line is what you want, you can add white to it to make it opaque if required, opaque basically means fixed value as in I can’t get any darker no matter how much paint you lay down. Transparent paint will eventually go to a super dark value if you keep layering it down.
The issue with painting transparently is that if you hold the trigger down for half a second too long your too dark and the tears start flowing!

Just when I thought I had the basket sorted. :confused::)
To be honest you wouldn’t appreciate the subtle difference, after a few years of painting you notice little things,
Not sure what you put in your basket but if it’s the colour wheel set you will love it. Feel free to ask me any questions on the paint, I’ve been using it for 4years and know it’s strengths and weaknesses

Just when I thought I had the basket sorted. :confused::)

:D welcome to your new addiction, just when you think you have your list sorted someone comes up with something else !!
Yes, opaque will be handy, maybe, just maybe a primary set of opaques

To be honest you wouldn’t appreciate the subtle difference, after a few years of painting you notice little things,
Not sure what you put in your basket but if it’s the colour wheel set you will love it. Feel free to ask me any questions on the paint, I’ve been using it for 4years and know it’s strengths and weaknesses
And you have the tear stains and tiara wounds to prove it :)

Done deal, now when will postie be here?:whistling:
Steve is pretty quick, everything comes really well packed.
Even though Steve says he shakes the bottles, make sure you give them a really good stir prior to each use. A small thin screwdriver works wonders :)
Being metal nothing soaks in, so you’re not wasting paint.

Arriving Friday!! I bought 100 5mm ball bearings, just pop one into each bottle and shake away, seems to do the trick. :)

Arriving Friday!! I bought 100 5mm ball bearings, just pop one into each bottle and shake away, seems to do the trick. :)
Illustrators doesn't have them? Wicked and Createx classics do. Well, actually they have glass marbles...

I started to take a look at the Life Line set just for the sake of having semi close skin tones that may just need a slight adjustment. Just the lazy part of me coming out. Then the logical me kicks an and deleted it from my shopping cart. [emoji23]

I started to take a look at the Life Line set just for the sake of having semi close skin tones that may just need a slight adjustment. Just the lazy part of me coming out. Then the logical me kicks an and deleted it from my shopping cart. [emoji23]
You’ve got what I don’t.... ‘won’t power’ !! I have plenty of ‘will’ power ! I WILL have that and that and then some of those... !
And yes, I have every single color of wicked, wicked detail, illustration, bloodline, opaque that createx make !!

You’ve got what I don’t.... ‘won’t power’ !! I have plenty of ‘will’ power ! I WILL have that and that and then some of those... !
And yes, I have every single color of wicked, wicked detail, illustration, bloodline, opaque that createx make !!

For a short time, I was trying to convince myself that I only needed the primaries. [emoji849]
Then logical me kicked in and realized that would be a pain in the ass.

I doubt you would like the lifeline set... I bought a full set. And if you happy spraying straight out of the bottle they are fine, but since they are tertiary mixing them gets muddy fast.

And most are already mixed with a healthy dose of white I do however like the ochre.
It's not a bad set for someone that wants to do cool art and is happy not mixing. But I'd suspect your ocd would kick in and get aggravated with them.

I doubt you would like the lifeline set... I bought a full set. And if you happy spraying straight out of the bottle they are fine, but since they are tertiary mixing them gets muddy fast.

And most are already mixed with a healthy dose of white I do however like the ochre.
It's not a bad set for someone that wants to do cool art and is happy not mixing. But I'd suspect your ocd would kick in and get aggravated with them.

I see them as a base that only need a slight temperature shift.
Since I don’t need the skin tones, as I can easily make them myself, I get pushed away from them. My affliction to buy things sometimes overcomes logical Jeff. Every friggin hobby is it’s own spending spree. [emoji2369]

I see them as a base that only need a slight temperature shift.
Since I don’t need the skin tones, as I can easily make them myself, I get pushed away from them. My affliction to buy things sometimes overcomes logical Jeff. Every friggin hobby is it’s own spending spree. [emoji2369]

how do you think I wound up with a full set of the bloodline colors.... it started because hey ochre is Handy maybe I'll....

Of course I get paid to paint now (not well and it comes and goes) So at least I can say but it's a tax write off

Back