California Air 1P1060S

twood

Air-Valve Autobot!
I finally upgraded my compressor in my shed. The pancake one I had worked great, but it gave me a heart attack every time it kicked on. I would be in the zone, then boom...I would almost jump out of my chair. My dog would run to the other side of the yard when it kicked on and my cat would climb the walls to get away.
I did some research after reading about this one on another thread and thought it was about time I upgraded.
I purchased it from Amazon. It was $50 cheaper than buying it at my local Home Depot. It was just over $200 Canadian. Well worth the investment. Even though it only has a 1 gallon tank, compared to 6 gallons on my old one, it is perfect for airbrushing.
I can now go out to my shed and airbrush at 3 in the morning when I can't sleep. My dog will now stay in the area. I haven't found out how the cat will react yet. As you can tell, I have 2 shadows that follow me around...lol
IMG_4427 (2).JPG
Cheers

Congratulations. My one has the same motor just another company selling it and it has been 6 years since I got it. I used to work in the room right next to where my wife was sleeping and it did not bother her. It makes less noise when it is on a carpet. You can muffle the sound a bit more if you put a layer of dish cloth or filter over the ai intake. Just make sure the air still gets through easily.

compressor_intake_sml.jpg

Congratulations. My one has the same motor just another company selling it and it has been 6 years since I got it. I used to work in the room right next to where my wife was sleeping and it did not bother her. It makes less noise when it is on a carpet. You can muffle the sound a bit more if you put a layer of dish cloth or filter over the ai intake. Just make sure the air still gets through easily.

View attachment 60860
Thanx...I will try that

I finally upgraded my compressor in my shed. The pancake one I had worked great, but it gave me a heart attack every time it kicked on. I would be in the zone, then boom...I would almost jump out of my chair. My dog would run to the other side of the yard when it kicked on and my cat would climb the walls to get away.

Just imagined that, your petslollollol I understood you cat@dog when heard how old one worked, I'd probably do the same as they did, poor pets:D

Congrats on new good thing!:thumbsup:

You've got cool pronunciation for making AB videos;) Everything narrated was clean.

Just imagined that, your petslollollol I understood you cat@dog when heard how old one worked, I'd probably do the same as they did, poor pets:D

Congrats on new good thing!:thumbsup:

You've got cool pronunciation for making AB videos;) Everything narrated was clean.
true that

My poor fur babies hated it so much, that all I had to do was "hiss" like an airbrush and they want to leave...knowing what was next...lol
And to me I sounded like I was reading it off a script. Thanks (I guess..ha ha). This was my second attempt. On my first try, I forgot to plug in the new compressor ...duh lol

Back