California Air Tools 263DLH for spray gun?

T

talos72

Hi folks

Just wanted to get your input on this compressor: California Air Tools 263DLH. I would like a compressor to run certain spray guns. I don't do automotive work, but I would like to use spray guns for metal panel art, skate decks, maybe helmets and larger canvases: clear coats, primers, painting large color areas, etc. I have a Dura-Block touch-gun that unfortunately does not work well with my 1/2 HP Silent Aire comp. This California Air Tool goes for about $165 which is in my budget. Just wanted you guys' input. Thanks.

Here is a link to the product page:
http://californiaairtools.com/oil-lubricated-air-compressors/cat-263dlh/

These are the specs:
[h=3]2 HP (Rated/Running)[/h][h=3]6.3 Gallon Steel Air Tank with Wheel Kit[/h][h=3]4.30 CFM @ 40 PSI [/h][h=3]3.50 CFM @ 90 PSI [/h]
The CALIFORNIA AIR TOOLS 263DLH is a powerful 2.0 HP Oil Lubricated Direct Drive Electric Air Compressor designed for the contractor. The Oil Lubricated Pump System is engineered for High Performance and Durability.The Oil Lubricated Pump System is designed to dissipate the heat more efficiently producing less wear for a longer life. The 6.3 gallon horizontal steel air tank with wheel kit makes it easy to store and move freely. This air compressor produces 3.50 CFM @ 90 PSI and has a maximum pressure of 125 PSI. Because of the powerful 2 Hp motor the 6.3 gallon tank can fill (from empty to full) in 125 seconds!Features: * Direct Drive Pump/Motor for more efficient operation* Oil Lubricated Pump – For cooler running temperature and less wear* Two pressure control gauges to monitor the pressure in the tank and outlet* One universal 1/4″ quick connector* Oil Sight Glass for easy viewing oil level* Thermal Overload Protector* 125 PSI Maximum Pressure * 110v / 60 hz* Low Amp Draw only 11.0 Amps * Tank fill rate 125 Seconds * 6.3 Steel Air Tank with Wheel Kit - 52 Pounds* 85 decibels* L (21") x W (14") x H (23")* 1 Year Limited Warranty* ETL Certified* Comes complete with Wheel Kit & Air Filter

Hi folks

Just wanted to get your input on this compressor: California Air Tools 263DLH. I would like a compressor to run certain spray guns. I don't do automotive work, but I would like to use spray guns for metal panel art, skate decks, maybe helmets and larger canvases: clear coats, primers, painting large color areas, etc. I have a Dura-Block touch-gun that unfortunately does not work well with my 1/2 HP Silent Aire comp. This California Air Tool goes for about $165 which is in my budget. Just wanted you guys' input. Thanks.

Here is a link to the product page:
http://californiaairtools.com/oil-lubricated-air-compressors/cat-263dlh/

These are the specs:
2 HP (Rated/Running)

6.3 Gallon Steel Air Tank with Wheel Kit

4.30 CFM @ 40 PSI

3.50 CFM @ 90 PSI

The CALIFORNIA AIR TOOLS 263DLH is a powerful 2.0 HP Oil Lubricated Direct Drive Electric Air Compressor designed for the contractor.The Oil Lubricated Pump System is engineered for High Performance and Durability.The Oil Lubricated Pump System is designed to dissipate the heat more efficiently producing less wear for a longer life.The 6.3 gallon horizontal steel air tank with wheel kit makes it easy to store and move freely.This air compressor produces 3.50 CFM @ 90 PSI and has a maximum pressure of 125 PSI.Because of the powerful 2 Hp motor the 6.3 gallon tank can fill (from empty to full) in 125 seconds!Features: * Direct Drive Pump/Motor for more efficient operation* Oil Lubricated Pump – For cooler running temperature and less wear* Two pressure control gauges to monitor the pressure in the tank and outlet* One universal 1/4″ quick connector* Oil Sight Glass for easy viewing oil level* Thermal Overload Protector* 125 PSI Maximum Pressure * 110v / 60 hz* Low Amp Draw only 11.0 Amps * Tank fill rate 125 Seconds * 6.3 Steel Air Tank with Wheel Kit - 52 Pounds* 85 decibels* L (21") x W (14") x H (23")* 1 Year Limited Warranty* ETL Certified* Comes complete with Wheel Kit & Air Filter

im looking for the same thing .... right now im doing r.c. cars but i want to be able to spray helmets and motorcycles in near future praticing now but i can see alot of people are going to be looking form e to do their motorcycles in the winter mine as well start investing in the proper equipment early

Hello, I wanted to say one thing before doing technical acquuisti conpressori of this type.
send an email to the dealer and ask if the cylinder is made of aluminum or cast iron.
If the cylinder is cast iron guarantee you that the compressor will last forever, in my 23 years and it still works fine.
If it is aluminum, and now the compressor at low cost are all so it will not last long if you use it a lot.

That looks like a normal DIY aircompressor that you can get at any hardware store. You will get plenty of air from it but they are really noisy. And if you keep your eye on the oil level, it will last a very long time.

Back