Cameron by the Airbrush Tutor

JackEb

The Dragon Hunter
Staff member
Admin
Provided with kind permission of Mitch, aka 'The Airbrush tutor'

This piece was originally intended to be of the size of an A3 piece of paper ( 12" x 16 1/2" ) and has provided the templates on 4 A4 pages (8" x 11") as not many people have an A3 printer, so by sizing it to A4 you can print out each corner then just stick them together !

Many (like me) just jumped in feet first and actually completed Cameron on an A4 - not recommended but it actually worked well for me..

Feel free to post up your finished projects... and I'll be the first to do so.

Cameron Videos
Part 1. A beginners portrait
Part 1.1
Part 1.2

Part two, because even I'm not immune to the forum 'limits per post rule'. lol
Part 2
Part 2.1
Part 3
Part 4

and the all important guides
The reference
cameron-reference.jpg

and the 4 parts that make up that template if you are using an A4 printer
cameron-diaz-temp-1.jpg
cameron-diaz-temp-2.jpg
cameron-diaz-temp-3.jpg
cameron-diaz-temp-4.jpg

Ok,
As promised, here are my attempts at the Cameron tutorial. Done on A4 because I initially did it for Hair practise on plain printer paper but enjoyed it so much I decided to try again on a Synthetic paper.
Reference on the left, my attempt with Illustration Black on plain old printer paper on the right.
Cameron 06Jan2016.jpg

3 weeks later I found some locally source synthetic paper (not marketed as Yupo but same type of surface, ) This is a little larger than A4 but smaller than A3... Just the size it came, I didn't cut it at all. Still with the Createx Illustration Black

upload_2022-4-12_13-18-43.png

Last edited:
Right....
so for all those that completed Cameron all those years ago (mine was 2016) lets see what you got !!
and for all those attempting this for the first time don't be shy, lets see it :)

Back