Can some one explain H&S Grafo to me?

R

Rustynozzle

I have a grex TG which is an airbrush with a trigger.
Is that how Grafo works? you dont push the trigger down you just pull it back and the air starts to flow and pull it some more and the paint comes out?
How do you control and figure out when the paint is gonna go? Or am I missing something?

by spray gun trigger I mean when you push on the tirgger/lever at first it opens the air valve as you pull further back it starts to push the needle back.
At least that is how it works on the grex tritium tg series for me

Yes it is a double action airbrush which means you push straight down for air on then as you pull back the paint will flow. Where as a spray gun style trigger you pull back until you feel tension start and at that point is where paint will start to flow.

So what are the pros and cons comapred to pushing the trigger down for air?

The pro is you know that when you start pulling back you will have paint cause the air is always on when the trigger is pressed down.
You will have a lot more control on where the paint is going , To me the only use I would ever have for a spray gun trigger styles airbrush is if I was painting a huge building . The bigger the canvas the easier it is to get detail , Where as the smaller the canvas the more control you need.
Most body men like the spray gun trigger style mainly because they are use to it.
But at the end of the day it is what ever airbrush that fits you and how you use it.
But why a Grafo and not the Infinity or the Evolution ,

I have the Evolution, I find the paint limiter of infinity to be as useful as "udders" on a bull witht he paint I use. Was thinking of getting a new airbrush just because. Was looking at EFBE too, they have options to be single action or double action.

The Grafo is original poster describes. You pull back for air and further back for air. Just like a trigger airbrush or even a spraygun, you can feel the spot where the needle action starts to be activated.

I have a grafo (T2) and used it quite a lot.. Very good airbrush with super details. Finding the point where the color comes is not a problem you get it very quick. In general I never had a big problem changing between the double action and the controlled double action. The only reason I stopped using it was that actually the lever is a part that needs to be changed over time too. It has an angle for the mechanism of the controlled air/color and since metal on metal grinds it gets used and the dent becomes stronger changing the point when the color comes slightly wlby time.
If you have any questions let me know.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk
c6357f0889c193859a2aee3d4f00b3f9.jpg

Last edited:
I too have a Grafo (T1) and quite a few other brushes with a similar fixed double action trigger. It takes a minute to adjust to the action, as your natural tendency is to press down for air. I found I was giving myself a finger cramp before I remembered to just pull back, and let the brush do the rest. I like the action, and find I really enjoy using the brush, when I do.

The point at which paint initiation will begin is actually adjustable on these brushes, once you have an understanding on how the action works. Fine tuning it to ones personal liking is nice. Very well made brush, to boot.

Last edited:
I recently received this one as a gift from Germany. This one is an EFBE Professional model A. Same sort of action as the Grafo. The trigger is also fixed double action. Air on with first bit of movement, then paint as you continue to draw the trigger back.

efbe pro a1.jpg

Back