can someon tell me anything about trident paints?

U

ulltraz

i was watching the work of a fellow airbrusher,painting a toilet lolol.it was quite a good job since it was the ring theme(the scary movie a few years ago).

so i asked him what paint did he used,and he replied that he used trident paints.

so i thought that since you are a most beautiful bunch of people,maybe some can tell about this paint.

any responce will be mostly appreciated!!!

thank you man!!!love the video,most enlighting!!!:applause:

Hi Ulltraz,
I have Trident paints and used them on a few opaque portraits. They spray very nice, with little tip dry and have a strong pigment that covers well. You need the Transparent Base and Reducer because the pigment is so strong they do tend to need thinning. To make the paint transparent you have to add Transparent Base to them and you can make candy colours if you mix Trans. Base and Reducer. Look at their website for more mixing details as I've never done that.

They have a very limited range of paints so you have to mix colours a lot but they do provide a colour mixing guide on their website. Just search the internet for Trident paints and you'll find the website. I bought them because you can paint almost any surface with them and they have little tip dry for water based paints. Daniel Powers also uses them in his DVD course for airbrushing which I followed.
Cheers Mel

Trident is a paint system that Dan Powers helped in designing.
It is a water based paint that is suppose to spray and lay like urethane.
To me it falls more in the way of an illustration paint being that it re-wets easily , and on metal (Like AutoAir) if not prepped correctly it will lift the paint when masking. Even with heat setting..
But you can laying it to give a candy effect and the colors are bright.

I've gotten some of the trident paints and when I open them up there was a note inside with the website address where you can get more information on mixing and reducing it . If you go to this web address you can find all kinds of information about mixing and reducing. Trident Airbrush Paint - Water Based Airbrush Paint I hope this help you out they are supposed to have videos on there as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mate, I've been using Trident paints for a couple of months now and really like them. If you have been using other paints such as Auto Air. And Wicked, there is a little bit of a learning curve, as the Trident paints are very heavily pigmented, which makes them extremely opaque. Though once you get used to mixing them with transparent base, you will soon fall in love with the way they spray, "very minimal tip try and coverage is awesome". The only thing I didn't like at first is that this paint loves to stick to your airbrush and was a pain to clean out between colours. I went to my local hardware store and bought some ammonia free Window cleaner in a 2L bottle which cleans the trident paint better than my airbrush cleaner. All in all, I find it to be an awesome paint, which can be used on pretty much any surface.
Cheers!

Anyone else try this paint? Its better than wicked, etac, ... , ... ?

Its lightfast?

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent got around to trying it .The reason why it doesnt get much tip dry is because it is rewetable i almost exclusivly use etac efx which is awesome paint . as far as I am concerned its probably very similar to efx .if i need to order efx order on monday and its on the front doorstep on wednsday cant beat that . if i need to order trident i am sure its around 1 month til i get it so until they sell in the usa im sticking to efx and com art

I havent got around to trying it .The reason why it doesnt get much tip dry is because it is rewetable i almost exclusivly use etac efx which is awesome paint . as far as I am concerned its probably very similar to efx .if i need to order efx order on monday and its on the front doorstep on wednsday cant beat that . if i need to order trident i am sure its around 1 month til i get it so until they sell in the usa im sticking to efx and com art

If is just for shipping time ... maybe this site will be faster ... http://www.mapleairbrushsupplies.com ... they are in canada but they ship in usa

I dont use erase technique ... and i project to paint helmets/motorcycle ... and i dont think my regular Createx will be suitable for this ... so im looking for someting else

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

Back