Can you airbrush over an oil painting?

kchopp

Young Tutorling
Seems like an odd question, but I have a painting I started over a year ago (so it's nice and dry) It's just an underpainting at this stage. I was wondering if it could be finished with the airbrush. Can Wicked colors be painted over a dried oil painting, or will I get some weird reaction? thanks

Kathy
phone pics 696.jpg

and hes got a funny sounding name.....

i cant look at his artwork at work as apparently it contains "adult content" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i cant look at his artwork at work as apparently it contains "adult content" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fezzie wink all his work is adult theme and he uses his now wife as his main model....

Oh and I love my job nothing is off limits....LOL

Fezzie wink all his work is adult theme and he uses his now wife as his main model....

Oh and I love my job nothing is off limits....LOL

Added to favorites!!

Thanks for that one herb ... I will surf his site tonight when I'm alone in my hotel room ... For inspiration you understand :distracted:

Added to favorites!!

Thanks for that one herb ... I will surf his site tonight when I'm alone in my hotel room ... For inspiration you understand :distracted:

Now don't get too inspired.

His work is fantastic, but his models are not my cup of tea. Obviously others like them cause look how many different ones he has done. Goes to show the more you paint, the better you will get. I like to think his first works weren't that great.

Poor Fezzles, I can see 'em just fine, and they're wasted on me. He is great at what he does, and he obviously enjoys a nice juicy melon, you won't get many of them to the pound! I think I would prefer a more natural model.

Yes you can . Lorezo Sperlonga does it all the time. In fact he uses both a paint brush and an air brush to turn out amazing work..as you can see here...http://www.lorenzosperlonga.com/artwork.htm

On day I might be half that good...but I am shooting for better..

Interesting website, that one.
I particularly like his style, his use of vibrant colour and clever use of light.
I've bookmarked it for further intense study ......

Interesting website, that one.
I particularly like his style, his use of vibrant colour and clever use of light.
I've bookmarked it for further intense study ......

You should see if you can find is video , It is worth the watch to see how he mix paint brush with airbrush with a really detailed under drawing.

Back