Can you buy the micron case seperately

S

Smiler65

As title really, been looking around but i cant seem to find them listed.

As title really, been looking around but i cant seem to find them listed.
Are you referring to the metal box to replace a card board box?, I'm not sure what the possibilities are, but I'll sure have a little fun trying to find out, watch this space:)

Are you referring to the metal box to replace a card board box?, I'm not sure what the possibilities are, but I'll sure have a little fun trying to find out, watch this space:)

Yes mate the metal box, mine did come with the cardboard box, i can get the h & s plastic box as i already have one but just wanted to use the metal ones if poss as they are sturdier and they look cool.:thumbsup:

Yes mate the metal box, mine did come with the cardboard box, i can get the h & s plastic box as i already have one but just wanted to use the metal ones if poss as they are sturdier and they look cool.:thumbsup:

I'm in the process of investigation:thumbsup:

A friend bought one from Dru when he did his class. Don't know if it was just a favour because he was doing the class.

Well I've been looking all over and so far it doesn't show on any parts list anywhere, it's not even on the Iwata catalogue, I think your best course of action would be to send an email to them here http://www.iwata-medea.com/contact-info/ and just ask them what the chances are, I doubt very much if they only make the same number of boxes as they do brushes, they have to allow for defects in both cases I would imagine.

Doesn't mean I've given up, but an email in the meantime just might get a quicker result, if you don;t get any joy, they sell a lot of suitable size aluminium CD cases at markets and such, I have one my self but I store a small digital camera in it, if I could find three the same I would use them for my brushes, very often you see hair clippers in the same sort of case

Well I've been looking all over and so far it doesn't show on any parts list anywhere, it's not even on the Iwata catalogue, I think your best course of action would be to send an email to them here http://www.iwata-medea.com/contact-info/ and just ask them what the chances are, I doubt very much if they only make the same number of boxes as they do brushes, they have to allow for defects in both cases I would imagine.

Doesn't mean I've given up, but an email in the meantime just might get a quicker result, if you don;t get any joy, they sell a lot of suitable size aluminium CD cases at markets and such, I have one my self but I store a small digital camera in it, if I could find three the same I would use them for my brushes, very often you see hair clippers in the same sort of case

I came up empty aswell, will email them to see whats available, i have found some alloy cases, designed for cds and small electrical items, so i might buy one to try. I was looking to keep both my brushes in one case if i cant get the iwata ones, but then i need to find the right type of foam.
Appreciate you looking but dont go waisting all your spare time, was hoping someone would go "yeah they do them"
Supprised i cant even find athe case used for another purpose, suppose iwata has them specially made for them.

You must have the same thought process, im actually watching that and another us pro case, designed for sockets i think:thumbsup:

I've came across a few I like myself but most don;t have the sizes listed, certainly not here anyway, I found some other airbrush cases, the plastic H&S case are widely available, but I would prefer a steel box since my aluminium ones dent easily.

And ebay item no 231148099105

LOL, that's exactly what I have now, but I wanted something with a powder finish, the black one I posted they have all different colours, either three small ones or one that could take all brushes and maybe all my spares.

LOL, that's exactly what I have now, but I wanted something with a powder finish, the black one I posted they have all different colours, either three small ones or one that could take all brushes and maybe all my spares.
Powder coated, thought you would do a custom paint job on it, if i get a steel one then i will do something on it just to personalise it. Just going back to look at your link again.

Of course someone might have wrecked a micron and just have the case lying around:whistling: but i wont hold my breath for that one.

Or this was the other type, they sell quite a few diff ones and list sizes. Ebay no 400721769762

Or this was the other type, they sell quite a few diff ones and list sizes. Ebay no 400721769762
That's the one I meant but I didn't see the sizes when I first looked:confused: I like the blue one, but I can't order for the UK, the last time I ordered anything from ebay it had to come form Germany:eek: I couldn't understand the lingo and just clicked and hoped for the best and it worked, there's a lot to be said for just looking at the pictures, lol

These days I can't do a normal job never mind a custom job, but to be honest how comfortable I am in my studio depends on how tidy it is, the tidier it is the better I feel so everything in there is packed neatly in boxes or cases, most of which were purpose made so instead of looking at loads of bottles all I can see is white boxes ans silver cases, all my airbrushes and parts are in a very fancy wooden box which previously housed two bottles of wine, when I'm working only the materials I'm actually using are visible, when the place is messy I can't find stuff and that's when I start to mess things up work wise, if I'm done with one colour I put it away and bring out the next, I have a box full of pencils, eraser and all th eother small texture tools which is closed when it's not being used each tool goes back before I pull out the next one, I think it's some kind of OCD on my part, even my magnetic rotating easel is folded flat and stored away when it's not being used, this suits my wife too because she sometimes hangs washing in the same room although if she does I won't work in there for obvious reasons.

If I get the CM-SB next year I was planning on making a small glass display cabinet with jeweller's lighting to display all of my brushes in my living room, when you see the Iwata airbrushes in their proper display arrangements in the shops they actually look like treasure with all the glimmer, If I do that I'll include litttle drawers under it for the spares.

That's the one I meant but I didn't see the sizes when I first looked:confused: I like the blue one, but I can't order for the UK, the last time I ordered anything from ebay it had to come form Germany:eek: I couldn't understand the lingo and just clicked and hoped for the best and it worked, there's a lot to be said for just looking at the pictures, lol

These days I can't do a normal job never mind a custom job, but to be honest how comfortable I am in my studio depends on how tidy it is, the tidier it is the better I feel so everything in there is packed neatly in boxes or cases, most of which were purpose made so instead of looking at loads of bottles all I can see is white boxes ans silver cases, all my airbrushes and parts are in a very fancy wooden box which previously housed two bottles of wine, when I'm working only the materials I'm actually using are visible, when the place is messy I can't find stuff and that's when I start to mess things up work wise, if I'm done with one colour I put it away and bring out the next, I have a box full of pencils, eraser and all th eother small texture tools which is closed when it's not being used each tool goes back before I pull out the next one, I think it's some kind of OCD on my part, even my magnetic rotating easel is folded flat and stored away when it's not being used, this suits my wife too because she sometimes hangs washing in the same room although if she does I won't work in there for obvious reasons.

If I get the CM-SB next year I was planning on making a small glass display cabinet with jeweller's lighting to display all of my brushes in my living room, when you see the Iwata airbrushes in their proper display arrangements in the shops they actually look like treasure with all the glimmer, If I do that I'll include litttle drawers under it for the spares.

If you fancy the blue on i can get it and ship it over, thats not a problem at all, but i wouldnt be able to do it till new year as i go away this weekend till the new year.

I myself like things tidy and in a proper place, hate having to hunt for stuff laying around.

Like the idea of the display cabinet but i wouldnt want to use them then.

If you fancy the blue on i can get it and ship it over, thats not a problem at all, but i wouldnt be able to do it till new year as i go away this weekend till the new year.

I myself like things tidy and in a proper place, hate having to hunt for stuff laying around.

Like the idea of the display cabinet but i wouldnt want to use them then.

You just take one out and when your done clean it properly, a little buff with a soft cloth and back with his buddies.:thumbsup:

I'll look for the boxes here, I'm sure I'll find them, I think the only reason I didn't is because I was looking for your benefit so hadn't tried here yet:), but if I can't I'll let you know, but I was planning on asking your help with those 30 cm bearings you found a while back, I wanted two of those an definitely can't find them here except in Italy:eek:, but if it comes to it I'll make sure you get some money sent to cover the cost + postage before you order, I wouldn't wan't your dog to miss out on her doggy chocs because of me , and since your good lady is a proper Glesca Lassie, I won't be making an enemy out of her, I already know what it is to have to keep looking behind me when I go for bag of chips and buggers steal your chips when that happens:eek::)

Anything you need you know to just ask, ill sort out what ever,within reason,i dont think the postie could carry the car let alone get it through the letter box.
If you still have the link to the bearings send it over, ill sort it out when i get back.
No need to worry about the dog or wife they get their treats when there good, just dont tell the wife i said that, i like my ... Where they belonglol:eek:

Back