clearcoat over metal fishing spoons

S

Swilly

Can you help bud? I'm looking to clearcoat with urethane over some fishing spoons metal of course. Looking to clear them over createx wicked paints. Want it to be durable and hard like car paint. I want to spray it from my airbrush or can i. I've started a business and am in need of a durable adhesion, paint and topcoat. Thanks guy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it like carpaint you'll have to use 2k clearcoat. It does come in rattle cans but that isn't cheap and can only be used for 24 hours after you "äctivated" the two components. You won't be able to get 2k through a normal airbrush (atleast not for long :p) for that (and this goes for any kind of clear realy) you'll need much bigger nozzles sizes (and air pressure). You'll realy need a paint gun for that.

ps I forsee references to the introduction section of the forum forthcoming :p

Can you help bud? I'm looking to clearcoat with urethane over some fishing spoons metal of course. Looking to clear them over createx wicked paints. Want it to be durable and hard like car paint. I want to spray it from my airbrush or can i. I've started a business and am in need of a durable adhesion, paint and topcoat. Thanks guy you
Well Swilly as haasje stated 2k clear .
But we will not email you to tell you the answer. ...
Sorry that is not how this forum works.
And Yes now comes the time for me to direct you to the introduction section. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
And move this to the newbie question section .
It helps us a lot on knowing more about you. Like where on this planet you live , What airbrushes you using and how long you been doing this .
Also fresh water or saltwater lures .

I make and paint Muskie plugs and blades and all I use as a clear is 30 min. epoxy thinned with Denatured Alcohol ( marine fuel's cheaper and is the same stuff) I Mix up what I need and can use in about ten min, at a time then thin it with the D,Alcohol( it only takes a 3 to 5 drops) mixing till It's smooth,then apply over my paint and put them on a lure turner(I can show you how to make it very easy) then as there turning I use a hair dryer to go over them to remove any air bubbles in the epoxy.Then let them cure on the turner for a few hours.hope this helps,BTW The pictured is a 48 inch West Virginia Muskie :D
20150903_201016.jpg IMG_7714.jpg 0113142213.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's been my go to as well. The dt2 and alcohol works nice. I also have been using the uv blast from cs coatings. You can dip or brush it. Real nice stuff. I am mass producing and looking to coat hundreds at a time so like the guys said, I'll be buying a compressor and spray gun I guess.

Back