Candy2o Flow

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
Hi Guys and Girls.
I seem to have a problem getting Candy2o to flow properly.
I have followed the Hard Surface Apllication Guide allowing for the fact that it is only a guide rather than a set in stone rule book. I mix the Candy with between 25% to 50% 4030, then reduce. Usually the flow is intermittent, so I reduce some more and I have had some success running it through my Eclipse with a .35 setup around 25 psi. But even then it’s only if I have the needle back a good way and am throwing a lot of paint. That’s fine if I just want to cover something, but let’s say I wanted to paint an iris that is only part of an image I can’t seem to be able to control it much at all.
I’m straining the mix as it goes into the cup, tried different pressures too. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

I mix the 4030 and reducer first to get a nice consistency, then add the candy. I find I do not need to add any more reducer. I always use my Patriot with the super fine needle conversion (.3 something) and it shoots great even doing spot areas.
I have never added the candy to the 4030 first, so I do not know if it makes a difference or not...
Cheers

I noticed on Gerald Mendez live feed that for doing detail work with Candy2O he uses transparent base instead of 4030. I tried it and like it much better for doing small stuff at lower psi. Reduce it to your liking. But definitely use 4030 for large areas.

I mix the 4030 and reducer first to get a nice consistency, then add the candy. I find I do not need to add any more reducer. I always use my Patriot with the super fine needle conversion (.3 something) and it shoots great even doing spot areas.
I have never added the candy to the 4030 first, so I do not know if it makes a difference or not...
Cheers

The 4030/4012 “slurry” :)

Cheers
Thanks twood. I’ll give it a try that way round and see if it helps. Thanks for the info Buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed on Gerald Mendez live feed that for doing detail work with Candy2O he uses transparent base instead of 4030. I tried it and like it much better for doing small stuff at lower psi. Reduce it to your liking. But definitely use 4030 for large areas.
That makes perfect sense to try it with trans base for smaller areas. I’d never thought about doing that, but will give that a try as well. Thanks for the tip Joseph. Much appreciated.

Yes you mix the 4030 and reducer first then add the candy I spray it all the time through my micron .18 set up.
I will sometimes add it into the transparent base too LOL
Awesome. I’m hoping that is the trick, if it’s as simple a fix as that I’ll be very happy LOL.

I remember a discussion ages ago about adding the ingredients in the right sequence or you wind up in trouble.... I think mr.micron has it covered though 4030+4012 mix, then add the candy ... I’ll go hunting :ninja:

I remember a discussion ages ago about adding the ingredients in the right sequence or you wind up in trouble.... I think mr.micron has it covered though 4030+4012 mix, then add the candy ... I’ll go hunting :ninja:
I am just using the method you would use for urethane with the Candy2o on urethane you run a risk of the candy seeding if you mix it with the intercoat clear then add in the reducer. so what is recommend for urethane is mix the intercoat clear and reducer first then add the candy into it.
Being I have tried it with the candy2o by mixing the 4030 and the candy then adding the reducer I have had issues with how it works so I just use the same as I would for urethane and so far have not had any issues.

Great Jackie thanks! If that is the issue I’m going to kick myself hard lol. I watched the video from Createx on reducing Candy2o several times and I thigh I had it right. Sob, sob.

Your video is up :D
And an awesome couple of videos they are too!
They will be a big help Herb. That’s definitely not the flow I have been getting, so at least I know what I’m shooting for.

Thanks for all the feedback and advice Guys. I’ll have the chance to have a play tomorrow, so I’ll see how I get on and let you know.

Back