Cannot screw nozzle back in...

hi everyone! thanks you so much for your help! So i managed to put nozzle back on with needle trick, I assembled airbrush and tried to use it but now when i press trigger no air comes out, nothing happends but when i take noozle head cover off it works fine? any ideas?

I have some silly questions. Did you by chance have more than one "nozzle head cover" as you call it, out when you assembled it ? Like maybe you put the wrong size one ( next size smaller ) back on the airbrush and pinned it to the paint nozzle ? Which would stop air flow until you unscrewed it to open up the hole around the paint tip ? Do you actually have the paint nozzle screwed in all the way ? Did you forget an O-ring between it and the head ? I only ask because it is very easy to put the wrong size on if you have other parts out on the table from other needle tip combos ( for the same airbrush ) if they get mixed up or you don't check to see if you have the right size going back on with the right needle and nozzle. Or the O-ring resolved or fell off in the cleaner and you forgot it has to have one.

This thread got me to thinking... Occasionally all of us may forget paint in our precious brushes from time to time, and have it dry on us. Overly aggressive cleaning is the number one cause of airbrush troubles in my experience. Anything from over tightening parts after cleaning, to metal wear and tear, to damaged seals, can all come from an aggressive cleaning. To save myself some of this frustration, a number of years ago, I bought a cheap ultrasonic cleaner online for about $35 and rarely ever have to take a brush apart aside from pulling out the needle, or use anything stronger than a drop of dish soap in the cleaner, and it's been the best money I have ever spent. I've been able to recover old infrequently used airbrushes that sat in a drawer for years with caked on paint I forgot about.

I'm wondering who else uses an ultrasonic cleaner, and what mileage you got out of it. I've found that it's saved me a fortune in airbrush and technical pen parts over the years.

Hello Kim,
I use a sonic cleaner and it works great for cleaning all my airbrushes and AB stuff like, lids for and plastic / glass bottles for the siphon feed AB's and other small things like eye droppers and small freehand shields . I had one with a heater and dual sonic heads ( if you want to call them that ). But I ran it for more than 15 minutes at a time, 3 times in a row and it burnt up. I later found out the high timer amount is for the heater only, AND that no matter how high the timer will go, you can't run the sonic part for more than 15 minutes or you kill the sonic heads, also you can't run it dry, or they will burn up the sonic unit. The cleaner / fluid acts as a heat sink for the sonic unit, so you always need to keep it at minimum 1/2 to 3/4 full of liquid when it runs. The heads are hard to find replacements for on some and darn near impossible to get un epoxied from the bottom of the tank. The dual one was, I think 79.00 U.S.D, money I wasted, So I got another single unit without heat and never run it longer than about 15 minutes at a time, I think I paid 49.00 U.S.D for that one.... so far working perfectly, Both were purchased off eBay.

Last edited:
Back