Can't control psi

C

countess

I've tried three different sets of gauges and can't seem to get a consistent psi . Right now my airbrush starts out at like 60 psi and dwindles down to like 10 psi after a minute of holding down for air. Does anyone have any recommendations for a setup that I can add to my compressor to make it more adjustable?

Is the compressor working correctly? Does it have a tank?
It's a 5.5 gallon california air tools compressor and the gauge exploded off of it last month. My husband put a new one on but it's not been the same since then . I want all new gauges to set it up again.

OK do you know the cause of the failure in the first place? Was all of the gauge replaced (so screwed back in to the tank) or only part of the gauge replaced?

Same gauge . The gauge had a brass extension that failed and when it cracked the gauge went flying. I would buy all the parts again but I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Same gauge . The gauge had a brass extension that failed and when it cracked the gauge went flying. I would buy all the parts again but I need someone to point me in the right direction.
Have a look at the maintenance manual, they should have an Illustrate Parts Breakdown (IPB) or you should be able to get one over the net then contact the supplier. I would replace the whole assembly rather than individual parts.

I'm going to try to replace everything . It broke three days after the warranty was over! I'm suppose to be working on my paint pal .

I'm going to try to replace everything . It broke three days after the warranty was over! I'm suppose to be working on my paint pal .
I would call them and speak to someone to see if you can get the replacement parts free as it was only out of warranty 3 days,also tell them your a member of this forum and it had great reviews about the compresser and service!,They might even send you a whole new one

I would call them and speak to someone to see if you can get the replacement parts free as it was only out of warranty 3 days,also tell them your a member of this forum and it had great reviews about the compresser and service!,They might even send you a whole new one
Ok it's worth a try .

Your gauge might have broken when it went flying as all that moves the needle on it is a small coiled tube inside the gauge so if it cracked that it would leak air so you would lose air faster You can get a new gauge / regulator at about any auto parts store for about 30 or 40 dollars

its okay...... get the compressor sorted, the paint pal deadline isnt until Dec 1, you have time to fix the compressor properly before someone loses an eye :D

Me too, nothing worse than the compressor playing up. But you should still be able to paint with 10 psi and thinned paints.

Lee

Sound more like the pressure regulator went out and over pressure the brass connection fitting that hold the gauge in place.
If the regulator went out it can cause the gauge to not read correctly .
Does the Compressor seem to be cycling right? I mean does the shut off points seem to be at the same PSI as it was when it was new?
If not then you may have to get the model number of the Regulator assemble being that most compressor companies do not make their own regulators and do a search for the model number on the regulator
I know the Menards here carry California Air compressor and they do carry some parts for them so if you have a Menard's in your area you might give them a look for parts.

I'm armed with info now. I've got a million Dr appointments the next three days afterwards I'm going to fix my compressor.

Back