Care to share any "out of the ordinary" texture tools you use?

The random look is exactly what I'm interested in. As you stated, the laser cut stencils that are meant to look random still have hard edges, so I'm reluctant to spend money on them. I'm sure they work well if you are experienced with them, but, well... it's me we are talking about.
I use it all the time for wrinkles and skin folds.
768e054bd280dadbf2bfe8ee76c717e2.jpg

The random look is exactly what I'm interested in. As you stated, the laser cut stencils that are meant to look random still have hard edges, so I'm reluctant to spend money on them. I'm sure they work well if you are experienced with them, but, well... it's me we are talking about.
I don't know how I missed this one Karl,
Hold the stencil off the surface (I stick my thumb under mine) you can also move the stencil as you spray. use a lower psi so it doesn't blast through the stencil.

I got into using 'Nature made objects' as templates. Sycamore tree bark was very useful. Small stones and gravel scattered (working horizontal) led to some discoveries. Plant leaves, like Giant Hosta, and Elephant ear Begonias, revealed mature curves.

On a more industrial side, I had a box full of automobile grille plastic, collanders ,steamers, needle point foundations, spatulas- had built in handles-you could glue other things to it. And...... of course gutter guard !

Back