For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Carpal vs Radial vs Ulnar(Cubital) Syndrome

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by huskystafford, Apr 14, 2019.

1. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

I did read few threads on this forum about folks having pain and numbness in their hands including few airbrushers needed to wear braces so they can work. I also have few issues, cause of to much computer work and I always assumed I need to watch out so I don't get carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome was the only one people talk about and I didn't know there are few other as well.

So here are some info for the ones which can use this.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

To sum it up fast: if you have problems with 3 fingers and half the 4th one, we are talking about Carpal tunnel like seen on picture
    [​IMG]

If we are talking about Cubital syndrome there is issue with the smallest finger and one side of the finger where you put the ring On when you get married. I don't have a clue how you call that finger :) Like you can see on picture:

[​IMG]

If we are talking about Radial tunnel syndrome here is a picture
    [​IMG]

Bare in mind I am not a doctor or something similar, I just looked online what is happening to me. I was always assuming I am developing carpal tunnel syndrome, but I was wrong. I have issues with Cubital. Unfortunately there is to much info about those issues and bunch of them are weird sellers which they wanna get some money. So if you get better info it is most welcomed to update this thread. Or if you are a doctor, chiropractitioner or something, or you just know this stuff :)

here are some exercises for these problems.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-therapeutic-exercise-program/

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/recovery/radial-tunnel-exercise-pdf/

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/disea...rapment-at-the-elbow-cubital-tunnel-syndrome/

Didn't know where to put this thread -.-
  2. huskystafford

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  3. twood

twood Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

A lot of people suffer with these. I can say I have all of the above...plus some more. I have had 5 surgeries for my RMI (repetitive motion injury) and still have not done the carpel tunnel surgery. I have it on both wrists, but I am putting it off, well just because I am tired of going under the knife.
    On the positive note...It was during my recoup from my second, that I first picked up an airbrush. My therapist thought it a great idea to help with movement and control of my joints.
    JackEb and huskystafford like this.
  4. huskystafford

I was looking at the way how to fix issues so I don't need surgery in the future. But, I seen surgery for carpal tunnel is ''easy one''. At least that how it looked on video.