centipede feet all over

J

jeffskull

ok im still fighting a paint skipping and stopping altogether problem. thinned out like 20 to 1. im bout ready to throw a 200 iwata brush in trash! im soooooo frustrated!! using createx, filtering thru pantyhose, used every pressure between 5 and 40. now ill get a hairline going good and ill stop to do the next tooth on skull and line sprays thin but with centipede looking feet going out in every direction from line. omg its killin me lol. ill blow just air thru it, wipe tip and may get 1 tooth done or 4 but for no reason here it comes again. have paint flow adjuster down to where needle barely moves so it keeps my line thin and it either quits spraying or throws the legs on there. then if it quits i have to open flow adjuster wide open to get flow again and then adjust back down to where i need it. im suprised the suicide rate isnt higher for this passion rofl. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Try increasing the speed of your stroke..Look into leapfrogging (An old drawing technique) to help increase stroke speed..If you go too slow you will create a wet pool of paint which no doubt the pressure will push everywhere (Spidering). Its all about controlling that paint pool and not allowing it to build up to saturation..Createx is quite thick, if you over-reduce it it tends to spider easy, if you under reduce it it tends to clog, perhaps try out a different brand m8 as I have found createx requires pretty spot on understanding of these elements and isn't as forgiving as some paints..Finally try painting on a T-Shirt or material, perhaps the substrate your using is quite slick and adding to the problem, when first starting out material or paper towell or something a little more absorbant may help with that trigger control and remove the issue..Once you have more control and speed of stroke develops, get back into the smoother non-absorbant surfaces..GL m8, its an issue most will generally come across when starting out :)

Which IWATA are you using?
Createx is a frustrating paint unless you are using it for T-shirt and running a .5 set up with 60 PSI;
But is can work in a .35 Eclipse Cs with a little work.
Are you using the W100 reducer? or just water?
The spidering you are getting is because it is too thin for the air pressure you are spraying at.
Plus I am not really sure what you are trying to paint. DOTS Daggers , or a picture.
makes no difference. it is mainly a learning process.
mainly when you are just beginning you tend to turn the air on and off to much , when you paint a line and finish it you turn the air off. which tends to add in a condition called tip dry. Picking the needle does help but most time a good spray out will knock loose the dried paint.
You will get it . But not know what county you live in is hard to give you a better paint choice.
in the states I would say either hit up Hobby Lobby or Michael's . Hobby Lobby carries WICKED (made by createx but way better than the standard textile ) Michael's carries Spectra tex (by Badger) both are great paints and a lot easier to use and learn than standard Createx.

using iwata hp-c plus. so wicked is better than reg createx. its just so frustrating

Just a suggestion, but have you really really really, cleaned your nozzle? You may think it's clean, it may look clean, but it could still have crap in there, it hides. Also, get a magnifying glass and check your nozzle if it's damaged or imperfect, it'll give you all sorts of issues. If it's been like it since day one, then Iwata or the store you got it from should replace it. If it worked fine when you got it, then it's more likely to have been damaged, or has some sort of blockage.

wicked is better than normal createx like micron said createx is mainly a t-shirt paint wicked is harder to keep your nozzle clean though it sticks to every thing invest in some etac thats what works best for me doesn't mean it will work best for you but allot of people swear by it others don't. My suggestion to you as a biginner is buy some different brands black and white paint and see what you like to use from what I gathered from your pm you would benifit from a multi use paint and what you wanna do createx is not the answer. Etac, trident, or wicked would be up your alley as far as water base/bourne paints go. I suggest finding one of these that work for you then learn that paint system.

Createx is a frustrating paint unless you are using it for T-shirt and running a .5 set up with 60 PSI;

I agree , I use createx black (is what the man of the shop sell me when I buy the airbrush ) for illustration in paper at 20 psi , the tip dry is annoying and when you are novice like me drives you mad , because you don't have the experience to know where is the problem.

You must reduce it a lot and , because you are new and don't have a good control of the airbrush , you get spiders everywhere.
With a LOT of pacience and practice you can use Createx , but you must get used to tip dry very often.

For example today I was trying to paint without the needle cup close to the canvas (1mm) to get fine lines , and I get spiders even at 5 psi :/

Last edited:
It may help if you can show a picture of the problem you have, straight Createx is not the best to try and learn with from the off plus maybe you brush is not a clean as you think, when you begin on this journey most beginners are forever pulling the brush apart and putting it back together.
Unfortunately this does not always help and damage can easily happen, we have all been there, I have the exact same AB with a 0.3 and I use com-art which is made with Iwata in mind, and can be used straight out of the bottle no problem, spectra tex, wicked are all just as good and I also use Etac. You shouldn't really need to remove the needle unless you are having problems, just a real good blast through with a good cleaner should do. Don't give up, I no it's frustrating at first but when you get it sorted you will begin to love it. Give us a bit more info about where you are from, take some pics of your problem and we will get you on the right path to some awesome airbrushing.

Also oreder some Restorer (yes made my createx) but that stuff will cut the dry paint out of the nozzle , You just pour some in a cup and place the nozzle in it for about an hour and take it out, You will see just how much paint was in there. Than when finish pour it back in the bottle , As long as you do not mix water in with the restorer you can reuse it for years.

Back