China and fiberglass pencils

Here's what I use and so far no prob. with them.
View attachment 50968
hmm and those are oil based too.
no white without getting the 36 color set.

Those lumocolor glasochroms from what i've seen now are pretty highly praised but impossible to get in the US without ordering a 12 pack for $30 I'm pretty interested though as they are permanent on metal i guess.

The west chinagraphs were pretty hard to find but I did find a 12 pack for like $10 with the shipping but I believe they also are shipped from UK and im not sure theyre anything but a china marker with a wood case instead of peel away. In which case i can go to any store and get a china marker and sharpen it. I wish i could find someone who has them....To tell me if they are indeed just a wood cased china marker.

The generals and the goldfaber aqua I got both work pretty good. Actually both seem to work just as well if not better than the best two on that test video Malky posted.

Last edited:
I went over my notes from the Daniel Power class I hosted. Daniel gave me a "need to get" list for the class and the pencils that he listed were the Stadler ones I mentioned in my other post, but Daniel did say the Generals work really well too - just thought I would pass that on ;)

I went over my notes from the Daniel Power class I hosted. Daniel gave me a "need to get" list for the class and the pencils that he listed were the Stadler ones I mentioned in my other post, but Daniel did say the Generals work really well too - just thought I would pass that on ;)
Thank you, that's really helpful actually!
The generals seem to be an analog for staedlers omnichrom (the non- permanent lumocolors)

Last edited:
I just googled chinagraph pencils, they are indeed peel off type pencils, but they are made of wax, I don't think you want was or grease near you're art, especially with water based paints.

The wax based Chinagraph pencils are fine to use with water based/borne products in a fine art scenario provided you use them near the end of the piece to bring out some highlights. If you plan to clear your work find another option.

Thanks for the link!, I still want a glasochrom (permanent). Though I feel no need for Omnichrom(non perm) since the generals I got do the same job as them.

I just checked out the link, damn handy shop, and great news, they sell left handed pencil sharpeners:thumbsup: but no left handed pencils:( I suppose I could just sharpen the back of the pencil to make it left handed but then I would need the right handed sharpener, why are us lefties always being discriminated against? ffs:mad::)

I just checked out the link, damn handy shop, and great news, they sell left handed pencil sharpeners:thumbsup: but no left handed pencils:( I suppose I could just sharpen the back of the pencil to make it left handed but then I would need the right handed sharpener, why are us lefties always being discriminated against? ffs:mad::)
If you find a left handed pencil let me know, I want one just to hang on the wall.
I hear left handed cigarettes are much stronger than the regular ones :)

If you find a left handed pencil let me know, I want one just to hang on the wall.
I hear left handed cigarettes are much stronger than the regular ones :)

It's definitely a struggle being left handed, I would honestly give my right arm to be ambidextrous:(

My cigarettes are definitely stronger but that's becsuse I roll them up in the socks I wore the week before, I've given up trying to wash my socks, when I put two in the machine only one comes out:eek: so I treat them as "consumables" now and just throw them away after keeping them on for a month, the big plus is nobody gets in my way at the suprmarket:thumbsup:

I don't know if they come with any of the literature, If they don't I think the webpage itself can conform nicely to be printed into a pamplet to go with one.

Back