Choosing an illustrative paint

R

rick

I've been using schmincke and wicked, and I'm looking to get another set, i don't like wicked for erasing and i ran out of most schmincke. And i want to go give something else a shot.

I'm thinking about com-art, holbein, hansa or mayb wicked detail?
Ill first buy a bottle to have a feel in mono, and then make my final choice, I'm just curious what to expect with what.

I personally would for com art rick, work straight out of the bottle, good price, great colours no hassle and come in nice sets, opaque or Transparent's or both. They even have a Steve Driscoll flesh tone set, but that's just my choice:)

Createx new Illustration paint. Designed with the help of Dru Blair..

Good call by Herb and Tony:). The thing is Rick all these paint brands are great, but you need to find one and stick with it and find there in's and outs. Some will love one and not another, in the end it all comes down to personal preference.
We can only tell you what we like:)

Yeah ok, I'm ordering one small bottle of each so i can try all for a small price and do some mono.

One question, is there one set of wich the back or white is worse than the other colors? I want to get a good view, would be a shame if i order a color wich is bad, like schmincke's white wich is just bad...

Its always good to know what each paint can do . We have put out videos that show what wicked can do and how to mix it on coastairbrushtv.com
One thing about the Comart is that they make both transparent and opaque colors . The transparents are great for layering and soft fades ands blends.
The also make smoke , transparent black and opaque black . Aeroflash also has transparents and opaques. The thinner they sell works great in the thinning of the colors for even more control . Both color lines erase and scratch very nice! They also both work well when masked over . Cleanup is also very easy .
The new Createx illustration color works with Dru Blairs color buffer methods. He also has been using Aeroflash for some time. We are just learning some of the differences of the new Createx . Time will tell !Each of the paint lines do have there own unique look . We have tons of paintings here at Coast Airbrush on display for people to look at and see the differences . Maybe some day you can stop by and check um out !

Yeah ok, I'm ordering one small bottle of each so i can try all for a small price and do some mono.

One question, is there one set of wich the back or white is worse than the other colors? I want to get a good view, would be a shame if i order a color wich is bad, like schmincke's white wich is just bad...

I heard the titanium white by etac is excellent!

For erasing I'd recommend Etac FX Series..I'm pretty sure some of the other brands make additives to allow for better erasing and such too, just a case of trying out a few and seeing what suits you...

Its always good to know what each paint can do . We have put out videos that show what wicked can do and how to mix it on coastairbrushtv.com
One thing about the Comart is that they make both transparent and opaque colors . The transparents are great for layering and soft fades ands blends.
The also make smoke , transparent black and opaque black . Aeroflash also has transparents and opaques. The thinner they sell works great in the thinning of the colors for even more control . Both color lines erase and scratch very nice! They also both work well when masked over . Cleanup is also very easy .
The new Createx illustration color works with Dru Blairs color buffer methods. He also has been using Aeroflash for some time. We are just learning some of the differences of the new Createx . Time will tell !Each of the paint lines do have there own unique look . We have tons of paintings here at Coast Airbrush on display for people to look at and see the differences . Maybe some day you can stop by and check um out !

David i will watch the vids, never knew they were there at the site :)
And id love to stop by, but since I'm from the netherlands, its quite a distance :)

Everyone who has posted here thank you, i will try com art and etac for sure to, but they don't stock it, but in the future i will give em a shot.

Back