Choosing new airbrush all advices and experiences with Ivata and H&S welcomed.

B

Brix

Hi I decided to buy new Airbrush but I dont know some differences so I hope you gonna help me...
I wont go and watch or try new guns because only way to get one is by internet shop. I mostly do illustrations, t-shirts and all other airbrushing focused on really precise details, using wicked n wicked detail colors.

Since now I used iwata HP-B plus which have 0,2 needle n nozzle. My experiences are like: Its good airbrush but the trigger is a bit hard and when I am doing details I have really concentrate and don´t have so good control with it. Even if it can do pretty thin lines and details. ( sometimes happend I did to remake some parts only because I pushed the trigger a bit more and it went overflow... ah... ) but it may be by lack of technique... and I may be wrong.
If I buy new gun it may be better than old one even if I ll keep using this 1 too.

The thing I need mostly help with is: I was thinking about to buy another iwata, but: there are - eclipse, high performance, custom micron, kustom n other series but idk. Even higher series are kinda strange to me because some have nozzle like 0,3. and the description by them is pretty much the same like all others but the smaller or bigger cap or feeding by side, bottom or its just different by design idk. I don´t see the real difference... ( don´t think pistole with 0,3+ nozzle gona be better for detail work even its higher grade. ) but I may be wrong. Only dfference in quality I see in custom micron series ( with 0,18 ) but those are pretty expensive and this is more like emergency buy. Would be good if you can write me the differences you noticed by using... Or is it doing so big difference by using? ( if someone tryed 0,2 hpbp and get better 1?)

One friend advised me to go for H&S which may be also option as long I dont care about brand but what I get for my money and how good is it xD
With H&S its similar - I don´t see much differences between evolution silverline with 0,15 and infinity with 0,15 but I may be wrong. ( the trigger setup may be different, ergonomy etc. ) And still evolution have air controll ventile and everything looks prety much same exctept design details so I don´t really know... the 0,15 noozle is similar to CM series by Iwata but H&S is way cheaper if I go for 0,15 idk if its also simillar in performance.

Well I dont wan´t to compare brands and start any brand war :D but I have to chose...
What I am focusing on is good control and fit in hand, precise details, gravity feed, and I mostly work free hand way. I can set up air pressure by compressor so its not main priority for pistole.
So write any experiences you have with your guns... give me advices about Iwatas, if it worth to spend way more money for one really good of them ( which 1? Iwata cm-b 362€ omg ) than H&S Evolution Silverline FPC 2 in 1 for 145 €, Infinity CRplus solo 0,15 for 177€ Infinity cr plus 2 in 1 for 225€ and if there is real, small or important difference between evo and infinity.

I know final decision is on me but all comments welcomed.

It comes down to personal preference. All airbrushe's springs van be altered to make the trigger pull or push softer, even your current Iwata. If people are saying stuff like "I can't get my H&S to do fine detail" then have a look at Svee's guitar work on YouTube. If they say how expensive parts of the Iwatas are, ask them how often they need to be replaced (without them having broken it due to own fault). All high end guns are the same these days. You can even look at the Badger Krome at less then an Eclipse. Some say it is as good as an Infinity and Micron.

It comes down to personal preference. All airbrushe's springs van be altered to make the trigger pull or push softer, even your current Iwata. If people are saying stuff like "I can't get my H&S to do fine detail" then have a look at Svee's guitar work on YouTube. If they say how expensive parts of the Iwatas are, ask them how often they need to be replaced (without them having broken it due to own fault). All high end guns are the same these days. You can even look at the Badger Krome at less then an Eclipse. Some say it is as good as an Infinity and Micron.

Yep totally agreed with you... I ll still use my iwata HP-BP but I find out its good to have another gun ;) I just want to know experiences of other peeps with their stuff... ( lets say if someone find eclipse good enought compared to infinity or oposite idk. Or what are adventages on guns they currently using. ) and I ll decide by myself... Problem with badger is that its not brand you can easy get in Eu. So i have to chose something that is available in web markets in countries around and thats usually some chinese sht., H&S and Iwata + some more randoms.

The Krome for detail work is a great brush. The trigger is so smooth. And it's reasonably priced.

Dylan

Just read your post about badger in Europe. So it's probably hard to get parts and everything too.

Dylan

Check out the link in equipment for sale, Badger sotar 20/20 for $70. Top airbrush, very cheap! i had one sent to uk, total cost £69 with delivery and many here have bought 1 even 2 some people.

The first airbrush I was ever introduced to was an Iwata HP-CS, and I have used Iwata brushes almost exclusively over the years (most of which are 10 - 15 years old or more now). I've tried a few others and, like AndreZA said, "it comes down to personal preference". I prefer the Iwatas (although I am considering buying a Krome after reading so many good things about it here). The HP-CS is my go to brush and I use it probably 90% of the time. It is capable of very fine detail. Having said that, i've also seen stunning work posted here that was created with a cheap knock off brand... Invest the time to develop your control, learn what ratios and air pressure works best for you and you'll be able to create anything you wish regardless of what airbrush is in your hands...

The first airbrush I was ever introduced to was an Iwata HP-CS, and I have used Iwata brushes almost exclusively over the years (most of which are 10 - 15 years old or more now). I've tried a few others and, like AndreZA said, "it comes down to personal preference". I prefer the Iwatas (although I am considering buying a Krome after reading so many good things about it here). The HP-CS is my go to brush and I use it probably 90% of the time. It is capable of very fine detail. Having said that, i've also seen stunning work posted here that was created with a cheap knock off brand... Invest the time to develop your control, learn what ratios and air pressure works best for you and you'll be able to create anything you wish regardless of what airbrush is in your hands...

Yes! I have an hp-cs! Maybe I don't need a detail brush now! Lol

Check out the link in equipment for sale, Badger sotar 20/20 for $70. Top airbrush, very cheap! i had one sent to uk, total cost £69 with delivery and many here have bought 1 even 2 some people.

What size nozzle does the sotar have? I tried finding this before but none of their descriptions include the most important part, nozzle size.

Yah guys you re right n Ty for advices... But still another reason for new airbrush is not to wait half week for new parts by shop to change broken ones. If another accident happends like this time I want to avoiid waiting with unfinished work... And don´t think like buy lower grade tool is good option for me now... I dont plan buy new gun every year.
That 2020 sotar looks pretty cool, but idk how to get it from US to Slovakia in EU.

i own an infinity and a talon and also am looking for a new airbrush, in my case between mojo II and mojo III, because i do really love detail nad sometimes just to suggest it, requires certain accuracy and in my case found out i need at least another airbrush that can be more versatile with paints. thats because the infinity as far as i know and in my practice, the infinity is by far an illustration ab. that is because it doesn´t handle very well heavy paints, as far as my experience and from what i have heard from others.thats me ok.

in the case of the talon i can get as detailed as with an infinity but its trickier and not as constant as the german airbrush,but as a working horse is wonderfull.so it is also about control.

the thing i dont like is the form of the trigger,many times after been working for hours it hurts and makes a hole in my finger, and its spring is a little bit harder than the talon, so the paasche is a little more responsive. don´t take wrong, the consistency of the infinity is remarkable you can start a very thin line and keep it for long and i have very i been extremely satisfied when am working in a pinup where the face is about 5 cm and be able to produce the effects i want,by the way i don´t need to get to close to the support as with the talon so the needle does not run any risks of a most terrible accident.

it s very easy to clean with paint cleaner or any cleaner of your choice,rather than the talon that proves a little bit challenging its cleaning. it makes me feel that i have some neurotic disorder because i do need to be extremely thorough.

spare parts, well until now i have not been in the need to buy any spare parts, in the case of the infinity, but in comparison the talon well...(a needdle and a couple of tips). you should know that maybe in your country spare parts can be far more cheaper than for me.i have to make note that it is also expensive for me since i am in honduras, not in usa, so for every single item i have to spend at least 40 bucks just in shipping no matter what.so when i buy, i have to buy extras for everything, just in case and to make it worth it.

if your thinking is illustration... go for the infinity, i would say that it has some setbacks but the results you can get with it are amazing.

by the way you should buy the new one since with the older infinity, people said that when you swet it did loose some of the chrome of the handle and provoke some itching in those that have sensible skin.

good luck and continue airbrushing

hope this post works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back