Class project number two!

@musicmacd , can you elaborate on your sky colour mixing please. Did your students mix the Blue, Orange and White in the pot or overlay each colour on the substrate? Same with your colour choices?
Also, in what ratios to each ( 2 drops Blue, 1 drop Orange etc...)

Reason I ask, is I have issues (yea don't we all :) ) with mixing colour to get a correct target one.

Grab yourself a colour wheel, then check all the you tube videos out there! Also spray and let the paint dry before judging :)

I have no idea on the ratio, sorry. We mixed the paints in plastic shot glasses so we can bin them when done :)

Grab yourself a colour wheel, then check all the you tube videos out there! Also spray and let the paint dry before judging :)

I have no idea on the ratio, sorry. We mixed the paints in plastic shot glasses so we can bin them when done :)

Ok, thanks musicmacd. I do have the smaller colour wheel, but I would never have thought to paint a Blue sky using Blue with Orange.

These people are new to airbrushing? And they are painting stuff like THAT??? Sign me up for the next round of classes!
They have experience with airbrushing, although we all need to practice our colour theory more!!! The students Spent an hour creating a few colours for the water, not easy colours to match as they are desaturated earthy tones! So nice to get rid of most of the white! Painting this was extremely difficult, I congratulated them on even attempting it! It wasn’t until we unmasked the sky and bear that the water made sense in our brains! It’s just a mash of tones and textures!! 29B6F4E0-4820-41A7-BAD8-95C52CE5F0D9.jpeg

Back