Cleaning and lube up

S

Smiler65

now clear your mind of those thoughts and think about your ABlollol

Tried cleaning my AB with water but could still see some residue left behind in the cup, probably the machining marks. Anyway bought some Medea airbrush cleaner and within a minute of soaking all the residue had gone.
My question is would it be affecting the "o rings " and Teflon seals if I left the nozel,tip and cup soaking in it?

Next question is with regards to lubeing all the moving parts, I used 3 in one oil to do this,and did notice a difference especially with the trigger action, is it ok to use said oil or should I be looking at buying the Iwata super lube?

Thanks for the imput and appologise for all the basic questions.

iwata super lube be careful lubricants can have adverse effects if they get mixed with you paint. I like to leave some in the cup over night but I make sure it is an airbrush cleaner or lacquer thinner if I was spraying uros.

Yup water based paint requires water based lube..... 3 in 1 and machine oil is not the way forwaRd as most of the brush is stainless steal and rarely requires it......
FYI ky jelly is water based a tad thick maybe but could be easily thinned with a drop of water, for a cheap cost effective bumper sized alternative to super lube

Yup water based paint requires water based lube..... 3 in 1 and machine oil is not the way forwaRd as most of the brush is stainless steal and rarely requires it......
FYI ky jelly is water based a tad thick maybe but could be easily thinned with a drop of water, for a cheap cost effective bumper sized alternative to super lube

Cheers @ad fez I have a harder steenbeck AL PLUS which I think is aluminium inside the body,does it make a difference?
Not to concerned about the cost of the lube as it would last ages anyway.couldnt be bothered with mixing etc for the small saving but a good suggestion as an alternative.

Tbh honest buddy all you need to lube is 1 drop in your trigger/air valve assembly and a drop spread down length of your needle...... i used to go overboard thinking you had to lube all moving parts but then realised this just gums up and requires you to clean the brush when bugger all else is wrong with it

Tbh honest buddy all you need to lube is 1 drop in your trigger/air valve assembly and a drop spread down length of your needle...... i used to go overboard thinking you had to lube all moving parts but then realised this just gums up and requires you to clean the brush when bugger all else is wrong with it
Cheers i did only do the needle and where the trigger slides up and down the needle mover? But not on the air valve button.

I prefer Astroglide. Lmao! But seriously I use 3 in 1 based off of Mr. Mitch's videos, and have had no issues at all. Just use very small amounts on the needle and trigger. Then spray a cleaner then water through the ab before you spray some paint.

Back