clear coat 101

D

DOA

Hi guys

I have never pulled the trigger on a air brush.........................

I have new double action paasche

I want to shoot a super hard clear finish over small round pieces of exotic woods.

Need a none yellowing hi gloss finish , hope fully one that can be polished out to look like glass .
That will not shrink or crack over the years.

I was thinking enron?

I have a bottle of aero gloss. < is it any good ? if it is a good product I will need to order in the thinner..

Looking for depth that glossy rich look.

Once you guys save my ass with a great product I will still need to know how to use a air brush.

Thank you you guys
DOA

I don't know about that product specifically but general rule of thumb (so I was informed the other day) is you do not put clear coat in an air brush, you wanna use a spray gun as it sprays in fan shape where as an AB sprays a jet (wrong for clear coat) also it knackers your brush.hi and welcome anyhow hope you get on well.

Get a spray can clear. They actually work pretty good.

Dylan

Hi guys
I want to shoot a super hard clear finish over small round pieces of exotic woods.
Need a none yellowing hi gloss finish , hope fully one that can be polished out to look like glass .
That will not shrink or crack over the years.
DOA

If all you want do is small round pieces of wood, forget about clear coat, you can easily dip these in epoxy resin, that way you already have your super hard clear none yellowing hi gloss finish, and you don't even need to polish, you'll even find that epoxy resin is cheaper than airbrush paint or 2 component clear.

How big are the pieces? I make pens, some out of wood, and would not think about going to the trouble of spraying clear. As mad brush said you can use epoxy. You can also use Cyanoacrylate (super glue or CA) Dip or brush. If using 2 part epoxy you can hit it with a blow torch to get the bubbles out. To coat with super clue wear a respirator and brush it on then sand smooth with acrylic head light sanding kit.

I use my lathe to apply the CA. Takes practice but is quick. Epoxy gets the same treatment but I find it more problematic. You can also try this technique with other clear finishes but not CA. Pen Finishing Rig - YouTube

Don't screw up your brand new brush. Use it to paint cool pics

hi mark
CA I have about 7 years working with it .
Wanting to try something new . CA health risks are hi. epoxy will be my next step I guess.
DOA

[QUi OTE=Madbrush;15370]If all you want do is small round pieces of wood, forget about clear coat, you can easily dip these in epoxy resin, that way you already have your super hard clear none yellowing hi gloss finish, and you don't even need to polish, you'll even find that epoxy resin is cheaper than airbrush paint or 2 component clear.[/QUOTE]
damn madabrush you are the man, i would have never thought of that, how do you come up with these brillant ideals, :lemo:

[QUi OTE=Madbrush;15370]If all you want do is small round pieces of wood, forget about clear coat, you can easily dip these in epoxy resin, that way you already have your super hard clear none yellowing hi gloss finish, and you don't even need to polish, you'll even find that epoxy resin is cheaper than airbrush paint or 2 component clear.
damn madabrush you are the man, i would have never thought of that, how do you come up with these brillant ideals, :lemo:[/QUOTE]

It's not a brilliant Idea Ran, I work with the stuff almost everyday. so I just happen to know what it can do, But DO NOT try to clear your beautiful paintings with it, unless of course you want to strip them, lol

If all you want do is small round pieces of wood, forget about clear coat, you can easily dip these in epoxy resin, that way you already have your super hard clear none yellowing hi gloss finish, and you don't even need to polish, you'll even find that epoxy resin is cheaper than airbrush paint or 2 component clear.

I'm sorry Madbrush I had to do it, but this is all I got out of you post when I was reading it. I just removed a few words this is what I was reading in laughter cause my mind is warped!!!

If all you want to do is small round pieces of wood,
you can easily dip these in ,
that way your super hard
and you need to polish,.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

I'm sorry Madbrush I had to do it, but this is all I got out of you post when I was reading it. I just removed a few words this is what I was reading in laughter cause my mind is warped!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

Very nice Josh, I actually like it better this way too, but I think DOA might have got less out of it, lol

Can I assume that your buying your thinners at the same shop as Ran now? ,lol

No, I am bored at work!! No thinner fog, just good old fashioned goofy sense of humor, lol!! You have to admit that is pretty funny!! I only took out a few words in each sentence and didn't even rearrange it, lol!!

Josh

No, I am bored at work!! No thinner fog, just good old fashioned goofy sense of humor, lol!! You have to admit that is pretty funny!! I only took out a few words in each sentence and didn't even rearrange it, lol!!

Josh

That's because it was a hidden message left behind for Ran to find, but you got there first, Ran is slipping a little lately, dodgy batch of shine no doubt, I do hope he recovers.

Lol, he will!! Two things are for sure, the sun is shinning here, and Ran would have caught that, no wait he didn't, he actually commented on that comment and didn't say anything!!!

Josh

Back