Clearcoat cracking?

S

SkooterTrash

So earlier today, I mixed up a nice orange pearl mix, and put a few layers on my test piece. A few hours later, I hit it again, then hit it with my clear. 2019-08-01_06-01-35.jpg

About ten minutes later, I noticed some odd marks. At first I thought I had gotten water or something on it, then I realized it looked like cracking sort of
2019-08-01_06-01-45.jpg
Now, would this be from bottom orange coat not dry enough when I sprayed the clear?

Could humidity and heat cause this? It was about 103° @ 14% humidity when sprayed. 35psi.

Paint and clear is all Createx stuff. I didn't stray from the clear mix that worked good for me last time.

I'll see if it will sand and polish out later tonight or morning.

Clear was from Anthem155
Paint from Iwata RevoCR

The orange is pretty sweet though and really pops when the sun hits it.

Fantastic orange indeed... hey thought on it... it is definitely the clear and not the primer that has done something odd...?

Fantastic orange indeed... hey thought on it... it is definitely the clear and not the primer that has done something odd...?
This morning I hit it with a rattle can white primer. Couple hits let it dry, then started the orange.

Two possibilities That I see...One, the orange was not dry. Did you allow the same dry time after the second coat?
and two, the clear put on too heavy to fast.
Always give your paint time to completely dry and createx does not like to be flooded with clear. Do a dust coat or two before a flood coat. allowing proper flash time between coats

Also Im thinking I didnt wait long enough before I sprayed last coat of clear...

edit: did not see above post

Two possibilities That I see...One, the orange was not dry. Did you allow the same dry time after the second coat?
and two, the clear put on too heavy to fast.
Always give your paint time to completely dry and createx does not like to be flooded with clear. Do a dust coat or two before a flood coat. allowing proper flash time between coats
I do get a bit heavy handed, and I rushed it.

Putting a little too much, too early would be my guess also. Twood helped me with a similar issue a while ago and that was absolutely my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back