clogged nozzle

D

Domes

Hi all. I have a question
Thick or thin paint, I still clogs the nozzle - bam! (0,3)
I always clean a gun
How can it be? You advise me please?

Probably need to strain the paint you're using to get rid of any lumps. Also don't know what air pressure you're using, but maybe try turning it down so it doesn't dry the paint out. The only other thing I can think of, is that there maybe scratches on the inside of the nozzle which is allowing paint to cling to it.

Need to clarify if it clogs the nozzle or is dry tip? If you don't remove dry tip it builds and then yes, clogs. Thin the paint, work with the air pressure and find what works. I found white worse than colours, detail work made it worse - so when I am spraying, OFTEN I will turn the AB away from my work and BLAST full air and FULL paint for a couple seconds to 'clear' it - I also found that if I lube the AB well, including the needle all the way to the tip, it doesnt dry tip or clog AS much ... hope that helps.

Peter

Never clean the inside of the nozzle with something metal. You damage the smooth sidewalls and paint sticks more. Rather use a wooden toothpick.

Never clean the inside of the nozzle with something metal. You damage the smooth sidewalls and paint sticks more. Rather use a wooden toothpick.

Been having issues with my airbrush spraying with a "strobe light" effect.
After a bit of searching the forums this worked great - dankie AndreZA

Back