CM SB up and running again with new parts

Ronald art

Air-Valve Autobot!
I managed to knock my go to brush off its stand and it took a nose dive to a hard floor and the head got damaged , I could have just replaced the 2 sprong crown cap and possibly the nozzle cap but I wanted to be on the safe side and ordered a new PS 770 head set as I love this headset over the original Iwata headset
It wasnt easy to find a complete set but I found one in Scotland , and yes I know I could have ordered all the head parts separate but the price would have been the same or higher
I will also use the nozzle cap on the PS 770 headset that ook the dive to see if it indeed only needs a new nozzle cap and I will order one if that is the case

oh and I forgot to mention I destroyed my rocket needle in the nose dive and replaced with with a PS 770/771 needle you will need to shorten this needle as it is to long for the CM but that is easy to do

I’m guessing that was from Air-craft. They have good prices and shipping to me has always been great.

the ps 770 head set is performing like I expected but I do need to adjust the needle seal screw as the ps 770 needle appears to be slightly thicker and it has a bit to much resistance passing the needle seal but that is no problem
Only "downside" I can find using the PS 770 set up on the CM SB is the low er pressure needed in combination with higher temperatures in my studio : a bit more dry tip but not as much as I expected now I am using a stock needle again but a little "Etac condition air" will solve that problem

Back