color question

H

harborbill

Hi gang, I have a question about a color, it is 'ivory (pearl).
I was looking for the ribbon color for windpipe cancer, the closest I could find was throat cancer, I was told windpipe cancer is somewhat rare. Anyway, the color for throat cancer is ivory (pearl), that is how it was stated on the chart I found on the internet.
The reason I'm asking is that on friday the 7th, my dad had a mass removed from his windpipe, the lab said it was cancer, it will be another day or two till they determine what type of cancer. He will be starting treatment next week.
I want to make/airbrush magnetic signs to put on our cars that say "cancer sucks" with a ribbon.
As for the ivory (pearl), Aren't ivory and pearl two different colors? Or could it posibly be pearlized ivory?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bill, Sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope everything tuns out good for him and your family.

In one chart I found, Ivory, Burgundy and Ivory making up three stripes is representative of throat cancer and pearl is for lung cancer, although white is for lung cancer in non smokers.

This the first chart I found Cancer Ribbons | Awareness Ribbon Colors and Meanings | Awareness Ribbon Gifts

I also checked Wickipedia and there the ivory burgundy ivory is any cancer in the head or neck List of awareness ribbons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which would imply the ribbon would be the same , Ivory Burgundy Ivory.

I hope this helps.

Thanks madbrush, appreciate it. I guess I didn't look at enough charts. That ivory (pearl) was confusing to me. I did check out those links and as it states, ivory,burgandy, ivory would cover windpipe cancer.
Now, thinking about it some more, I may just do a laventer ribbon on the sign, designating any type of cancer because any type of cancer sucks. Not sure yet wich way I'm going to go but thanks for the links.

sorry harborbill to hear that.hope everything works well for all your family!!!

Thanks madbrush, appreciate it. I guess I didn't look at enough charts. That ivory (pearl) was confusing to me. I did check out those links and as it states, ivory,burgandy, ivory would cover windpipe cancer.
Now, thinking about it some more, I may just do a laventer ribbon on the sign, designating any type of cancer because any type of cancer sucks. Not sure yet wich way I'm going to go but thanks for the links.

No problem Bill, I think your right to go with the lavender, since cancer in any form is indeed terrible.

Sorry to hear that bill, best wishes to your family. I too think lavender would be a way to cover all the bases.

Sorry to hear Bill. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family .

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. Can't have too many prayers going on. The doctor said that cancer in the windpipe is relativly rare. His sprits are up so that is a good thing. After the sugury on friday, he asked the doctor if it was ok for him to play golf on sunday. LOL. Golf is his only hobby so it is important to him.
As far as the ribbon on the sign, I am going to go with the lavender. Who knows, maybe I'll get more requests for them.
Thanks again every one.

Back