Color saturation in black

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
As far as I know , when we apint in black , we must first paint a white base before.

On black t-shirts for example , There is another way to get a good white saturated base besides a thousend layers and gallons of white ?

For T-shirts, if you spray a couple layers of white, then heat press it, it tightens those cotton fibers up so the next layer of white has more effect. I can usually get decent white base to paint on after 4 or 5 layers, using this technique. If I just try to layer the white on, without pressing it between layers, then it can take several more coats of white.

If im not mistaken I believe I read somewhere that there is a product sort of like a trans base that can be prayed on first to reduce some of the absorption, I apologize though I don't remember what it was called. Maybe others that do a lot of textiles can help.

Shadow it/ called trans base, lol! I have also seen videos of people spraying bleach on a black shirt to remove the color, if done correctly, and with randomness, it can also add texture to your work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shadow it/ called trans base, lol! I have also seen videos of people spraying bleach on a black shirt to remove the color, if done correctly, and with randomness, it can also add texture to your work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL ok Wayne thanks....I had the right idea hehehe but heck I can't tell which end of a pencil to use!!

Thanks for the help !!!!!

I use trans base before start , but I think that must work better with heat press as Foreveryoung recommend with white .
I only use an iron , that must help but is not as good as the press.

I should use a bucket for the white paint , LOL

Back