Colorado USA

T

Tirider

Hi,

I started airbrushing RC car bodies several years ago with an Iwata Eclipse. I found it rewarding and relaxing and I have been trying to learn more methods and techniques for painting on other surfaces. I recently purchased a MoJo airbrush and I have been working on my finer detail control.

I am not an artist and have no formal training. My work is inconsistent at best but I keep trying. The articles and information posted on this site have been both informative and encouraging and I thank you all for that.

I am impressed with the work exhibited by the members. Especially the art done in full color. I haven't the first clue how to mix colors so I've stayed away from it completely. That combined with lack of time to start a work and stay with it until it is finished have been my biggest hurdles.

Thanks to all who make this Forum available and to all of you who contribute!

Hi Tirider! Welcome aboard. Most of us have no art background or training, but with the help of the fab people here, we continue to push ourselves and with their support surprise ourselves. With your 'keep trying' attitude, you can't fail to reach your goals. Inconsistancy just means you're learning, and all the time you are doing that you are on the right path.

Don't be scared of colour. Just do it! Experiment and see what works and what doesn't, and if it doesn't, give yourself a break and don't get disheartened. A result that doesn't come out as you'd hopes means that you just learned what not to do, so you have still gained something. Almost everything I know is from learning what not to do, until eventually only the right way was left LOL! When you do something right, write down exactly what you did so you can repeat it later, along with a sample of what it looks like sprayed.

If you are frustrated that you can't finish a piece, then choose a small section of something and try to paint that instead. And then when you do have the time, you will have all those colour experiments and small practice works in the bank so that you will be able to get stuck in.

Hi Tirider! Welcome aboard. Most of us have no art background or training, but with the help of the fab people here, we continue to push ourselves and with their support surprise ourselves. With your 'keep trying' attitude, you can't fail to reach your goals. Inconsistancy just means you're learning, and all the time you are doing that you are on the right path.

Don't be scared of colour. Just do it! Experiment and see what works and what doesn't, and if it doesn't, give yourself a break and don't get disheartened. A result that doesn't come out as you'd hopes means that you just learned what not to do, so you have still gained something. Almost everything I know is from learning what not to do, until eventually only the right way was left LOL! When you do something right, write down exactly what you did so you can repeat it later, along with a sample of what it looks like sprayed.

If you are frustrated that you can't finish a piece, then choose a small section of something and try to paint that instead. And then when you do have the time, you will have all those colour experiments and small practice works in the bank so that you will be able to get stuck in.
Wonderful Squishy, I appreciate the encouragement and positivity!

Welcome aboard Tirider, as squishy has said there is a quite a few of us that have no artistic background, i only started getting into art about 4 years ago and have been airbrushing for approx 1 1/2 years, a lot of stuff may seem daunting at first but just grab it by the nuts and get stuck in [emoji4]
in the mean time theres a lot of helpful peeps on here willing to share what they know

I think a majority do not have a background in art, welcome to the best airbrush forum in the universe.

Welcome aboard!! Dont sweat the small stuff, we all started somewhere!! As I myself, am still learning, I think all of us here are. We are here to answer any and all questions for ya :)

Back