Com art coulours

S

slava-vk

If someone used Com art paints, on which surface can be used? Tell me your experiences,advice...Thanks

well i do most of my work in comart,works perfectly with paper,cardboard,illustration cardboard and so on.as far as i know i works great for illustration purposes.i´ve tried in glass not so very good, over acrylic painted surfaces and sticks.metal not tried though.transparents are very nice to work with.

hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt use it on anything like automotive. Its awesome for fine art on all things stated above. (Paper/illustrations)

Josh
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT!"

I have used it on metal , Work okay but you surface prep has to be dang near perfect .

In my country very hard to get good color. Ordered with e baya or online shop delivery and shiping cost me more than color..,Thanks,helped a lot....

Testting them last month and they work great. Just practiced on some eyes, mixed them on the board and some in the cup of my airbrush.They spray great and can be delutid till you can "tint" for slow buildup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 43
Thank you, I have been testting most common brands this past year. I like the comart very much, so I will get some work done finally :)

Pat, The eye guy.. nice work. I think you are going to have some people trying com art. I have a big bottle of black I use for practice and warmup. GREAT right out of the bottle with a .18 and up I have used a few of there colors also but do not care for the white

Pat, The eye guy.. nice work. I think you are going to have some people trying com art. I have a big bottle of black I use for practice and warmup. GREAT right out of the bottle with a .18 and up I have used a few of there colors also but do not care for the white

Yes I really like Com-Art because it's so easy to use straight from the bottle but I totally agree with ko, the white really, really sucks. The Neutral White/Photo white from Set H (Greys) is a bit better than the Opaque White. I use Createx Illustration white straight from the bottle instead and it is much better. You do have to really shake Com-Art paint for a long time before use because it separates in the bottle and then let it settle for a little because of the bubbles. Better still stir it and you get no bubbles.

The white always seems the problem, have not tried the one from comart. I always use the white of the board as my white, sometimes to get extreem highlights , like in the eyes, I use white.Reason I rarely use white cause of the blueshift in my black and white work..

I use ComArt, but I tend to supplement the ComArt with Daler and Rowney, (also ready to use from the bottle), mainly the white which is much better and I found the ComArt green to be a bit 'weak' and watery..

Seems to work fine on all surfaces and the ComArt base really helps and also works with the Daler and Rowney

the trick with the opaque(knowledge gain the hard way)is to mix it outside the airbrush in a relation 10 to 1,and really shake it,because its to heavy and strong.nevertheless comart is amazing painting,again working with transparents is an incredible experience!!!

I hate blue shift happens allot in whites sucks can make a portrait very violet it has been my stuggle lately but can be killed by using complementary color

Adding a drop of orange should do it. White is blue and orange kills the blue, try it. Did learn this on a workshop 2005.Also I want to tryout to get he same results with wicked or illustration paint from createx..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,just arrived com-art set.I test it and I have to say the colors is great. So far I have used createx clasic colours and I was not satisfied with the white. Coma-art white is much better than createx. Black com-art is slightly diluted but very good for details.For me com-art works great. Goodbye createx..;)

Back