Com Art Gray Scale

Not I but I do like Payne's Grey! What paints are they?

They are com art i got from coast airbrush. Starts at 60% neutral gray and goes down to 10%. Photo white and black came in the set as well. Oh i just seen these are photo grays. Also got photo gray cool and warm additives.paynes gray and burnt umber were separate purchases.

They are com art i got from coast airbrush. Starts at 60% neutral gray and goes down to 10%. Photo white and black came in the set as well. Oh i just seen these are photo grays. Also got photo gray cool and warm additives.paynes gray and burnt umber were separate purchases.
Ah cool, yes I figured out the answer to my question after I posted... duh! :)

They are pretty neat. Alone, it's a very neutral gray, with the % being how light it is. The additives work if you want a warm or cool gray. I'm using them on a model right now to make it look more like a 2D drawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning (9am here) Rick,
grab your coffee and get on with the practise :D

Let me know what you think of the comart. I've only used CI but bought a bottle of MFX and comart and am definitely thinking of switching to one of them. I get zero tip dry with MFX or comart but after 3 secs my needle is covered in paint when using CI.

I like com art after i figured it out. I get very little tip dry. Wicked i get tip dry pretty quick CI not so bad

Comart seems to spray great out of the bottle at roughly 18psi with a cm-sb. I like the idea of reducing/cleaning with water, really sucks I have almost a complete set of bloodline and the majority of CI both unused.

Com art is way underrated as a paint.

The downside is it is thin. But the transparent are very clean colors.
They spray amazingly well, just cover a little light.

I never use the photo Grey anymore because I rarely use opaque grey. But the additives are very useful. I even use them with trans black and have used it with trans smoke as well.

Com art is my favorite paint. It does want a slightly porous surface (like I have problems on my resin kits with it), and it's really fragile, but it sprays like nothing else. I bought a color wheel set of Createx Illustration and I think I wasted my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back