Com-art Medium Base What's it for ?

beanpoleuk

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hi,

I was looking though the Com-Art paints and noticed they sell a 'Medium Base' and wondered what it was for. Is it for reducing the paint or thinning ? the Com-Art paints are already thinned to the right consistency so don't see why I would need it..

its a flow improver, helps atomization and reduces tip dry .....hope this helps .....so notdo much for reducing/thinning but you may be able to create a more transparent effect using it 1:1, however by no means is this being advertised as a trans base but it may be an effect you can achieve with it

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't paint without it. Like mentioned, it helps with flow and delays tip dry. Does not reduce but it works like an transparent base.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have a link to the com-art medium, or part numbers. Not having any luck finding it any where.

Thanks in advance
Jim

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have a link to the com-art medium, or part numbers. Not having any luck finding it any where.

Thanks in advance
Jim
Never seen it in the States. But never went looking for it very hard!

I couldn't find anyone in the States who showed having any in stock. I t then sent an email to Iwata/Madea in Portland Oregon.

To Iwata/Madea
"Devin
I am trying to locate a US store that carries the 1-000-x Medium Base. I can't seem to find any listing for it in the States. Airbrushes. Com in the U.K. has it listed but says it is unavailable at this time. Is there some sort of world wide conspiracy to rid us is of this product? LOL.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this matter"

Reply:
"Hello Jim,

Thank you for your email and I am sorry for your difficulty locating this product. I don’t think there is a conspiracy (!) but looking at sales history I do see that it is very seldom ordered by our domestic customers. The two retailers below should be open to a dropship order from you even if they don’t have it in stock.

Dixie Art Supply
Dixie Art Supplies, 5005 Bloomfield Street,
New Orleans, LA 70123
504-833-2612
www.dixieart.com

Chicago Airbrush Supply
2417 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
800-937-4278
www.ChicagoAirbrushSupply.com"

Great service and quick service.

Back