ComArt paint question

T

triumph1050

Hello. I've alwaus use wicked and Illustrator paint in my HP-C airbrush. k But last week, i've bough a Micron CM-SB, 0.18mm side feed brush. I've try any possible dillution but nothing to do, clog and tips dry like crazy. I have some ComArt paints laying arroud, so i've decided to give it a try, and wow, this paints flow realy well in the llittle 0.18 CM-SB airbrush. My only question is, can i use ComArt paint for automotive artwork, and clear it. I've ever eared that ComArt fade realy quickly in sunlight.....

Ihave two potraits to do on a harley-Davidson rear fender in somes weeks, and i've bough this Micron especily for this kinds of job. If i can't use a better paint, not sur that i'll be able to pull little détails with this airbrush and wicked paint combination....

Question on the WICKED are you using either the W100 or W500 or a home made reducer?
I have had not problems with Wicked going through my Micron with either the .18 or the .23 set up. But on the .18 I start my reduction at 20 drops reducer to 1 drop of paint. Mainly because from talking with Steve Driscoll he found that to be the best starting point for the smaller tip. On the .23 I start at about 8 to 1.
I have paint a couple thing with comart that stay in the sun , UV Cleared and after 5 years it is starting to fade , I am not sure if comart has changed how they make their paint like Createx did a few years ago when they came out with the Wicked and Illustration paint line.

I actually start at 4:1 reduction with Createx Illustration in my CM-B. If it's not thin enough I go to 5-6:1 or more I suppose if I felt I needed it. I have not really shot much wicked through the .18, but will have to remember the 20:1 trick, might make spraying the detail paint I have more useable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Question on the WICKED are you using either the W100 or W500 or a home made reducer?
I have had not problems with Wicked going through my Micron with either the .18 or the .23 set up. But on the .18 I start my reduction at 20 drops reducer to 1 drop of paint. Mainly because from talking with Steve Driscoll he found that to be the best starting point for the smaller tip. On the .23 I start at about 8 to 1.
I have paint a couple thing with comart that stay in the sun , UV Cleared and after 5 years it is starting to fade , I am not sure if comart has changed how they make their paint like Createx did a few years ago when they came out with the Wicked and Illustration paint line.

I have the W100 and 4011 reducer. Try both. But never go to 20:1... Must give it a try.

I actually start at 4:1 reduction with Createx Illustration in my CM-B. If it's not thin enough I go to 5-6:1 or more I suppose if I felt I needed it. I have not really shot much wicked through the .18, but will have to remember the 20:1 trick, might make spraying the detail paint I have more useable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Try more than 4:1 with Illustrator, and with black or white, clog like crazy

I use Createx Illustration all the time through my Infinity .15mm nozzle. Like Herb said, I use about 8:1 to 10:1 for going through a .15mm.
The only thing I use it for is ultra fine detail work at those ratios with the W500 Reducer. Most of my paintings are done with a .3 to .4 brush until the very end where detail is needed.

I use Createx Illustration all the time through my Infinity .15mm nozzle. Like Herb said, I use about 8:1 to 10:1 for going through a .15mm.
The only thing I use it for is ultra fine detail work at those ratios with the W500 Reducer. Most of my paintings are done with a .3 to .4 brush until the very end where detail is needed.

Is W500 is realy better than W100?

Is W500 is realy better than W100?

Yes, but I generally only use it at the end for detail work because the paint dries harder and faster when using it, so it makes erasing more difficult.
If you aren't doing much erasing for your painting, you can use it for the entire thing.

Ok...the main problem here in Quebec in this time is the weater. For january, febuary and march, it's always below -10degree C, so it's impossible for me to order acrylic paint or reducer, this thing will arrive at my home in ice. So i have to wait april or may. We have no creatx distributots near were i can pick up my order directly at the store...

Back