compare these 2

pete b

Young Tutorling
Badger 105 3 in1 or the PS 289 platinum . they are equal in price , 1st time airbrushing , mostly doing fishing lures. thoughts on these 2 brushes

Last edited:
For me, in almost every way the PS289 wins. Build, fit, finish and quality all goes to the 289. The feel of the trigger, 289, quality of atomization, 289, ability to work at lower pressure, 289. The one area the Badger does hold an advantage is that it is easy, and inexpensive to change sizes with the brush, making a versatile tool. I have both brushes, and if the money is coming out of my wallet, I am grabbing another 289 and never looking back.

For me, in almost every way the PS289 wins. Build, fit, finish and quality all goes to the 289. The feel of the trigger, 289, quality of atomization, 289, ability to work at lower pressure, 289. The one area the Badger does hold an advantage is that it is easy, and inexpensive to change sizes with the brush, making a versatile tool. I have both brushes, and if the money is coming out of my wallet, I am grabbing another 289 and never looking back.

But sir, do you hate 'merica? We've got to support our own. *said in a southern accent* ;-)

I would go Creos as well just because of quality of the finish.

Last edited:
But sir, do you hate 'merica? We've got to support our own. *said in a southern accent* ;-)

I would go Creos as well just because of quality of the finish.

Well.....if ‘Murican products started matching the innovation, features, quality and reliability of the Chinee brushes, I’d buy ‘Murican!

Well.....if ‘Murican products started matching the innovation, features, quality and reliability of the Chinee brushes, I’d buy ‘Murican!

The excellent GSI-Creos airbrushes are made in Japan. I don't see much - if any - "innovation" coming from the various Chinese AB manufacturers.

At least not yet.

Back