Complete newbie

S

sureshot

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I'm a complete newbie to airbrush art and graphics. I haven't yet started spraying yet, collecting all the kit I'm likely to need. I've got my air source, for now a 15 litre 232 bar Faber diving cylinder. And suitable regulator, I've no idea how long this will last, not exactly anyway. Gone this route as noise would be a problem where I live. I have looked at silent type compressors, and will probably invest in one shortly.
As for airbrush, I'm torn between badger, and harder and Steenbeck. It's been a hobby I've wanted to try for years, but never quite got there.
Thanks again for the add to the forum.

Suitable regulator from 3000+psi for airbrush? Previous diver or pre-charged user?;) I once slipped up and let loose 3000psi into a normal air line (125psi line), and it didn't last a millisecond :laugh:lol:eek::confused:

Oh, that will a last a good long time.

Welcome to the world of airbrush. No matter which brush you settle on, it will require some time to acclimate to, and get a feel for. Take your time, ask questions, and try to enjoy the process.

Welcome Sureshot! Where on the planet do you call home? The more information we have, the better we can answer some of the questions that may come up. And please do feel free to ask questions, there’s a ton of info already here, so the search function is great when looking for answers to issues, but as I said, feel free to ask. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome, I'm in the UK on the south east coast, not far from Dover. I am a veteran diver, but now retired. The regulator on the 15 litre cylinder I have does 0-10 bar, although I can get a 0-4 bar 2 stage regulator. That might be better for adjusting the air output. As I said I've no idea how 3480 litres of air will last. I will probably invest in a compressor as well at some point.
Going

Thanks for the welcome, I'm in the UK on the south east coast, not far from Dover. I am a veteran diver, but now retired. The regulator on the 15 litre cylinder I have does 0-10 bar, although I can get a 0-4 bar 2 stage regulator. That might be better for adjusting the air output. As I said I've no idea how 3480 litres of air will last. I will probably invest in a compressor as well at some point.
Going
I have 3 compressors. 50 ltr 25 ltr and a small mobile 3 ltr compressor. I normally use the 25 ltr up in my attic space and you can normally spray for about 10 mins before it kicks back in for 10 seconds to refill. The Stanley 25 ltr belt drive I bought is excellent and cost about £100. Sounds like a lot of litres , but it ain’t.

Back