compressor defect ??

Lookie

Young Tutorling
na een lange periode van ongebruik,wou ik vandaag heropstarten met mijn Eurotec-compressor. Ik merkte een olievlek onder de compressor en veel luchtverlies onderaan de tank. Nu kan ik,door de constructie van de compressor, niet aan de onderkant van de compressor. Wat ik wel kan zien met een sterke belichting,is een bruine kleur,wat volgens mij kan duiden op roest. Nochtans heeft de compressor, die toch wel wat geld heeft gekost,altijd in een huiskamer gestaan. Ik veronderstel dat ik hieraan weinig kan doen ? Zijn er forumleden die ook zoiets hebben meegemaakt ?

after a long period of disuse, I wanted to restart my Eurotec compressor today. I noticed an oil slick under the compressor and a lot of air loss at the bottom of the tank. Now, due to the construction of the compressor, I can't reach the bottom of the compressor. What I can see with strong lighting is a brown color, which I think may indicate rust. However, the compressor, which has cost some money, has always been in a living room. I suppose there is little I can do about this? Are there any forum members who have experienced something similar?

I figured I would google translate this thread being most of us don't read Dutch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing you didnt drain the tank before you stored it and the water in that tank has has caused the damage you could try to find a good welder to fix it or find a new tank for that compressor

I agree with Ron. A new tank might be the best bet. All compressors corpse to an extent as the moisture in the tank rarely has the chance to dry properly. The water that comes from mine has a rust colour. It’s still fine at present, but they do have a limited lifespan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have the same model as the silair20A?
If there is a hole between the tank and the bottom plate, you can't get to it without demolishing everything.
Maybe you can weld the tank completely to the bottom plate so that it becomes part of your tank.
But first check that it is not leaking at the drain plug on the back of the compressor.

Back