Compressor for a new job.

Good luck, I just blew up #2 for the year. Ended up hooking up to the big Kahuna in the garage, until ican decide on which compressor to purchase and blow up next lolol

my home built quiet has been ole faithful for me. I have had to do minimal maintenance on it here and there mostly to do with a split hose I used ptfe when I originally built it.

otp2px.jpg

I just bought this beauty for silly $200. It is the dental version of Werther Sil-Air 100/24V. The compressor is not new but the owner claims that he bought it for work that was never started. He started compressor a couple of times to try it out. It is not mobile as I wanted, but I could not resist for so little money.

Now i'd like to know something considering that the compressor has not yet been delivered to me.
- I do not know what lies down below the compressor head (marked in red). I suppose it has its own cooling fans, but I'd like confirmation.
- also, I was wondering if I can put it in synthetic oil for refrigeration compressors with ISO 32 standard. Or I have to strictly use Sincom 32/E as Werther recommended?

tnx

If you mean the the boxes under each motor, these are condenser cooling units, they contain coiled cooper pipes to perform this function.

I noticed on the brochure that these boxes are much larger on this model than on the basic model.

otp2px.jpg

I just bought this beauty for silly $200. It is the dental version of Werther Sil-Air 100/24V. The compressor is not new but the owner claims that he bought it for work that was never started. He started compressor a couple of times to try it out. It is not mobile as I wanted, but I could not resist for so little money.

Now i'd like to know something considering that the compressor has not yet been delivered to me.
- I do not know what lies down below the compressor head (marked in red). I suppose it has its own cooling fans, but I'd like confirmation.
- also, I was wondering if I can put it in synthetic oil for refrigeration compressors with ISO 32 standard. Or I have to strictly use Sincom 32/E as Werther recommended?

tnx
You need to use specific Synthetic compressor oil. Standard motor oil has detergents that will foam up.
The boxes below probably are concealing the starter circuit for the compressor. There is usually a capacitor and a relay, since I don't see them on the compressor, I'm fuessing they are hidden under there.

capacitor and reley are on the left side of each motors like on the basic model.

You need to use specific Synthetic compressor oil. Standard motor oil has detergents that will foam up.
The boxes below probably are concealing the starter circuit for the compressor. There is usually a capacitor and a relay, since I don't see them on the compressor, I'm fuessing they are hidden under there.

I had a look at the tech sheet on their website, the starters are at the the other side of both motors where you can just see the black cables coming out them, the boxes themselves contain copper tubing and a cooling fan, some of their other medical type compressors have fan on the outside of the box, these compressor amazingly cost nearly twice as much a normal compressor of the same size, it does as you say correct require specific oil.

Where did you find a link to the technical description of the fan?
Here's a link to an oil that would perhaps suit. http://thelubricantstore.com/mobil-rarus-shc-1024-pail.html

This oil meets ISO32 standard like Sincom 32e

I can't remember but I found this, if you look around page 85 http://company-care.hu/wp-content/uploads/werthercompressors-katalogus.pdf ther you can see all the medical versions ond some with open cooler same as what's in the box.

I doubt you'll need that much oil in one go, give Ad Fez a PM and ask what oil he uses, I have an oil-less.

Back